Bow Tie Pasta With Italian Sausage and Vegetables

Janelle is getting Comfy In the Kitchen Again!!! She says “This is one of my grandma’s delicious recipes! I know you will just love it… my family sure does! Every time I make it at home we all go back for seconds. It is also a beautiful dish to have when company is over. Serve with crusty bread and a salad and you will have an amazing meal. Enjoy!”

1 box bow tie noodles, olive oil, 5 links of sweet Italian sausage, onion, fresh garlic, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper

Cook sausage as directed. I place mine in a pan with about a cup of water- larger sausages like this take longer to cook. By steaming them, they cook on the inside without burning on the outside too quickly. The water will eventually evaporate.

Prep all your veggies.

Boil your box of noodles as directed.

Drain

After sausage is cooked. Take out of pan and leave drippings. Add olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté until on med heat for about 2 mins -do not brown.

Cut your sausage into coin-like slices

Add and saute all veggies in the pan with the garlic and oil

Add the sausage and toss with pasta in the pan

Remove from pan and add Parmesan cheese. This is such a delicious dish that you will come back to over and over again…we sure have!

Bow Tie Pasta with Italian Sausage and Vegetables

5 Sweet Italian sausage links

1 16 oz farfalle (bow tie) pasta

3 Tbsp olive oil

3 cloves of garlic minced

1 onion sliced into wedges

1 zucchini cut

15 cherry tomatoes halved

salt and pepper as desired

Place Italian sausage onto a skillet with approx 1 cup of water. Cook through on med-high heat. While sausage is cooking, start pasta. When sausage is done, remove and slice into coins. Keep remaining drippings from the sausage and add the olive oil and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté the garlic on med-low for 2 mins, do not brown. Add sliced veggies and sauté for approx 5 mins. Mix the sliced sausage with veggies in the skillet. Add cooked and drained pasta to skillet and toss with all other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with Parmesan cheese.

Follow Janelle on Facebook and Twitter.

I am participating in What’s Cooking Wednesday, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up! For more blogger recipes go to these links.

Comments

1. Darlene Schacht says

Woah!!! That looks amazing. I LOVE sausages, but I've never seen them look so pretty. You are the rockstar of cooking.

2. Katja says

That looks so great again!!! I will have to try it out. Now we are much closer to Italy but I never heard about Sweet Italian Sausages. Do you have that law that all ingredients have to be on the package – maybe you could let me know how they are spiced ;-). But the rest of the ingredients I do have here!!! Now I will hop over and check out your webpage. That must be a wonderful one, too. Thank you so much for sharing all these great recipees. And thanks Courtney for opening your blog to Janelle!

3. Janelle Nehrenz says

Katja- Oh Happy Day! I drive a short trip to an Italian Market just to get their meats! I am sure you can find way better meats and I, WOhoo! Use any larger linked Italian Sausage you can find, then choose your desired warmth.Sweet Italian sausage tastes mild. I have also seen this recipe made with bulk sausage crumbled. It works! Darlene- thank you, thank you, thank you.

4. Evelien says

I'm going to try this when I'm at my boyfriend's! We both love italian food and this dish looks amazing and very easy :)
    Thanks for sharing!

5. April@The 21st Century Housewife says

This looks and sounds absolutely delicious, and yet not too difficult to put together on a busy day. Great recipe – thank you for sharing it!!

6. Anonymous says

I'm impressed that Janelle's kids eat large sauted vegetables. I have super picky eaters here. If you're not a sausage eater, could you just make it with the vegetables, garlic etc? Looks pretty in the dish!

7. Sweet Apron says

I am making this!! We live in Chicago burbs & have a wonderful Italian deli with the best homemade sausage within walking distance. Thanks!!

8. Janelle Nehrenz says

Anonymous- 1/3 eat the veggies, lol. The other two eat the sausage and pasta right up..I give them a side of applesauce to make myself feel better..but that is not replacement for the veggies. I get in what I can. :) AMC- I do not have the nutritional value, sorry. If you want to make it lower in fat/calories you can substitute with Hillshire Fams light Polska Kielbasa. Thanks Ladies! Blessings, Janelle

9. Janelle Nehrenz says

LBD- Have you ever tried Applegate Organic Sausage? They sell their products at our local grocer. Here are the ingredients: Organic Chicken, Organic Turkey, Water, Sodium Lactate (From Beets), Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Organic Spices, Celery Powder, Organic Sugar, Organic Paprika, Organic Garlic. I am no expert on this subject matter, but I do like their products- I make a mean pizza using this sausage, lol.

10. Anonymous says

Janelle,

Thanks for sharing this recipe and all the beautiful photos! Looks so good. I'm vegetarian but my husband is not, so this recipe looks SUPER easy to make separately. I can just cook the veg without the sausage drippings, cook the sausage separately and mix separately :) Looks so delicious.

-Laura

11. Janelle Nehrenz says

Laura,
    Absolutely- I love recipes that can be altered to fit the needs of every individual! I too have vegetarians in my family- its nice to have recipes like these! Enjoy!! Blessings, Janelle

12. lexiebboutique says

i made this and my family couldnt get enough it was delicious thankyou so much i really appreciate the recipes they r simple an affordable i love it and so does my family!! be blessed and thankyou again!

13. Jo says

This recipe was amazing! I just made it for my husband and my good friend for dinner! Soo good we all had 2nd's! Yummy and super easy!
    thanks heaps!
    Jo from Australia!

14. Hazel says

Thank you for this amazing recipe! I made it once for my boyfriend and ended up having to make it again for a meal when we were visiting his mom and she just asked for the recipe.
    I can’t wait to try the others you have posted on this site.