So as the Christmas lights fade, I stare at the aftermath and can’t believe it’s already over. In less than a week the tree will be down, the cookies will be crumbs and we will enter 2011.
Did you catch that? Brace yourselves, we are about to enter 2011! And so I’d like to assist you in evaluating your past year and choosing a theme word for 2011.
The final challenge of the December Peace Challenge is this: Find a minute this week to get alone…outside is best. There is something about the big open sky, the trees, and the sounds of nature that help us to see and hear God clearly. Take your Bible with you – visit Matthew 27 and 28, evaluate 2010 and commit 2011 to living your life completely for God.
Here’s some evaluation questions to assist you in your time alone.
1. Evaluate Your Walk with God in 2010 – Were you daily in God’s word and in prayer? How can you improve your walk with God in 2011?
Suggestion: Ponder your schedule and then write down a set time for a quiet time each day. Mine is 6:30am every morning. Consider starting or joining a Good Morning Girls group in the new year. I email my girls every morning Monday through Friday. Enrollment for the new 3 month session begins January 1st!
2. Your Marriage – What is one word you’d use to describe your marriage in 2010? Easy, frustrating, growing, romantic, hard, strong, amazing. What is one thing you know your husband wishes you’d change in your life?
Suggestion: Write down the steps you can take to change that area in your life. ie. being more organized, cooking healthier, being more flexible, being more respectful, kissing him like you mean it more often…
3. Your Children – What was a high point and a low point for each of your children in 2010? What is one thing that each of your children need from you in 2011?
Suggestion: Write down the steps you can take toward giving your children what they need. ie. manners training, reading to them more, one on one time, my undivided attention, memorizing God’s word together…
4. Health – What healthy habits did I maintain in 2010? What unhealthy habits did I create in 2010 that I need to change going into 2011?
Suggestion: Write down some goals for 2011 in this area. Write out a plan for how you will reach them. Janelle and I will be talking about this area in the new year, so stay tuned here and if you want some inspiration to get you started – here’s what my fitness notebook looks like.
5. Ministry – What ways did I use my talents for God in 2010? Pray about what God would have you do in 2011.
Choosing a Theme Word:
For 2011, my theme word is…drum roll please…simplify.
If you are participating in this challenge leave a comment below with how it’s going – if you are a blogger copy this button into your blog post, write about how it’s going and link up below!
I am linking up to: Motivation Monday, Hip Homeschool Hop, Finer Things Friday, Raising Homemakers, Making My H0me Sing Monday , Holiday Haven and Works For Me Wednesday. Please check out these blogs for more great homemaking ideas.