Random Tips and Clips From This Week

Here’s a few random happenings in our house this week:

Lexi sweeping with her new broom! What a blessing she is!

I LOVE getting the mail every single day! It’s like hitting the jackpot every time I open a Christmas card from family or friends!

Here’s what we do with our Christmas cards… (and I know some of you are already doing this!) We have placed all the cards in a fish bowl (you could use a basket)and at every meal the kids each pick a card out of the bowl and we pray for the two families who are chosen. We will continue to do this into the month of January! This is a fun and easy way to remember to keep family and friends in our prayers and to teach our children to pray for others.

Secondly, we had turbo amounts of snow this week, which meant lots of wet clothes and hot chocolate! So here’s a tip my big sister taught me a few years ago, duct tape your children’s coat to their gloves so snow cannot seep into their sleeves.

The warmer they stay, the longer they play lol!! (Only do this when you are out with them or keeping a close eye on them…)

And finally, this week my children sat down and watched sweet little Vivi from 10 Million Miles make Pebble Snacks. (Laura will be a speaker with me at the Relevant 11 Conference! Woohoo!) Here’s the clip:

Then we made them!

They were SO easy (the recipe is here) and we can’t wait to serve them to Grandpa today when he comes over to do some history and science with the kids!

So this is what we have been up to this week! Hope you have a great weekend! Just 7 days until Christmas!!! Oh my!!! Keep lighting your candles and covering your homes in prayer for peace. And don’t forget to take care of yourself by taking a bubble bath, getting to bed early and reading God’s word!

I am linked up to Raising Homemakers and Works for me Wednesdays at We Are That Family.

Comments

1. Saved by Grace says

Oh my goodness vivi is a natural, what a cute video. And so easy peasy those treats looked like. What a blessing to have grandpa comeover and teach science. Thanks for sharing the glove/jacket tip with masking tape. I can't wait for snow, we got snow 2 years ago. I'm praying it comes back this year. :)

Blessings,
    Adrienne

2. Stacey says

My favorite picture is your daughter and son with grandpa doing science & history. I just love the look on your daughter's face. I'm sure he will appreciate the Christmas treat too!

Have a great day Courtney! (hoping if he is doing class today, you can get go to the teacher's lounge for a few minutes and put your feet up!)

3. Becky says

What a great week you've had. I love the fishbowl idea and will definitely use it as X. ages. Blessings and Merry Christmas!

4. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Yes – I have the best parents in the world!!

Stacey – Lol – "putting my feet up in the teachers lounge" – so cute! I don't really feel comfortable slacking while he's here hehe!!! So I usually tackle projects that all week I neglected because of blogging!

Then once he leaves – the feet go up lol! Shhh…don't tell!!!

5. kimmy says

Oh that video was too cute!! Those look really yummy!! Your kiddos look adorable too!!! Love the tips but most of all I love your purple duck tape!!

6. born2worship says

That little Vivi is the cutest little thing. She makes you wan to watch the video. She has a natural charming talent! Oh.. the snacks look good too. I mean chocolate- How can you go wrong?

7. Sonya Schroeder says

I just loved the little video of vivi she is a natural that is forsure. Thanks for the easy recipe and great time with out kids!!! Merry Christmas girl!!! Looks like your house is doing great this week!!

8. Lisa @ Simply Things Family says

Thanks for sharing. I am glad to see other families spending time together and having a nice time. Thanks for all the tips!

9. Darlene Schacht says

I loved the video of Vivi, but Ooops!! I thought it was Sarah Mae's daughter. I even tweeted her about it. She must think I'm a goof. LOL

Great idea for Christmas cards. I'll have to check my mail today too. I rarely check mail, and sometimes get my Christmas cards AFTER Christmas. Yes there's the goof syndrom AGAIN. :)

10. Julie says

I love the fish bowl idea for Christmas cards. Where did you get the pink broom & floral dust pan? My girls are especially motivated to help clean when I have fun cleaning accessories.

11. Sharon says

Thanks for all your encouragement this year, Courtney. I truly hope that 2011 will truly be my own personal "Walk with the King, year!!" May you blessed with love, laughter and happiness this holiday season and may I be blessed to share mmore of your wisdom in the year to come!! :)

12. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Darlene – that is SO funny!!!

Julie – I got the broom at Marshalls. It was a fun find because the dust pan is perfect for little ones!

13. Tiffany says

I love the what you do with your Christmas cards. What a wonderful idea to pick two and pray for your friends family each evening at dinner. I think I will borrow this idea. Thank you!! Happy Holidays!

14. Laura says

What an honor to show up on Women Living Well! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed the Pebble Snacks (aren't they delish?) Merry Christmas!

15. Craig says

I’m one of those who never did that with my Christmas cards. What a magnificent way to make the ordinary, sacred.

Thank you for all your Advent stuff. It’s been Christmas all month long.

God Bless you and yours – and the science teacher.

16. Lindsey says

Courtney — I love what you have done with the Christmas cards and adding them to your prayer list — something I want to make a tradition with my own family…do you do anything special for New Years? I'm trying to keep the holidays really focused on Jesus :)

17. Lady Kara says

Courtney,

I can't remember if I ever commented on your blog. I love the idea of duct tape! And I love your blog as well. Keep up the good work!

God bless!

Lady Kara

18. Anonymous says

Made these today with my niece and youngest son… they both loved the video, loved making them, and LOVED eating them :) What a cute and simple treat for kids to make!

19. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Lindsey – Yes! We do have New Years Eve traditions – I will talk about them next week on the blog – but until then – one of my favorites is the time capsule we have made for the past 8 years. Every single person who comes to our home brings something that represents their year and we go around and everyone shares one thing big that happened that year – many times there are tears – sometimes of joy but sometimes of pain and sorrow. It is always a meaningful time and then we open an old time capsule and remember. Last year we opened the capsule with my son's ultra sound picture – he loved it!!! lol!
    So that's one thing we do!