Healthy Homemade Pasta E Fagioli

Janelle from Comfy In The Kitchen has done it again! She’s back with a healthy dish for our families!

Spinach, zucchini, onion, carrots, celery, bay leaves, chicken broth, thyme, diced tomatoes, navy beans, macaroni, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper

Rinse and drain beans

In a large pot on medium heat, add beans, tomatoes and broth

Dice onions, carrots and celery

Take thyme off of stems and break off 2 bay leaves.

Add bay leaves, thyme, onion, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, garlic powder.

Cover and let simmer for an hour on medium heat.

Add zucchini, spinach and noodles and simmer for 30 more mins until noodles are softened. Remove Bay leaves..taste and

season more with salt and pepper if desired.

Serve with parmesan cheese. Delicioso!

Pasta E Fagioli

2 bay leaves

1 cup dry macaroni noodles

1 cup zucchini diced

1 cup fresh spinach

salt and pepper

Parmesan cheese

In a large pot on medium heat combine broth, tomatoes and beans. Cut/dice carrots, celery, and onions and add. Take thyme off of stems and break off 2 bay leaves, add to pot. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, cover and allow to simmer for an hour. Add noodles, zucchini and spinach and simmer until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper to your taste- serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Thank you Janelle!!!!

If you are looking for more recipes or have one to share – visit Janelle’s new link-up today!

You can follow Janelle on her own blog Comfy In The Kitchen or on Facebook and Twitter.

I am participating in What’s Cooking Wednesday, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam , and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up and Works For Me Wednesday! For more blogger recipes go to these links.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Wow a real recipe! Thank goodness. I was a little sick of all the "fake" recipes. I mean is cool whip and canned soup a real recipe? Thanks for using real food this time

2. Lora says

I'm sure you get this all the time, but you have been SO ministering to me these past six weeks that I had to choose you. You are featured as the only award winner of a "pay it forward" blogger award I received. Please come check it out and read my review of your site and the blessing you have been in my life:

THANK YOU so much for writing and vlogging. It means so much!
    Blessings!

3. Janelle Nehrenz says

Thank you Ladies. "The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness." Galatians 5:22. Have a wonderful weekend, Janelle

4. Brian says

Can I use ground thyme instead of the leaves? This recipe looks sooo yummy! Making it tonight. Thanks for your help!

Blessings,
    heather

5. Kirstin says

I love pasta fagioli and grew up eating it..my moms family is italian. Yummy!!!! I'm enjoying browsing your blog!

6. April says

Just made this soup for dinner and I can't stop sampling it. This is soup is awesome. Thank you for yet another great recipe.

7. sophieandmomma says

yOU MAKE IT LOOK SO DELICIOUS! And easy! :) I know it is, it's just getting through to the grocery store and back that is hard.

Thanks for taking pictures and for the recipe!

-nathania