You my reader are so valuable. Yesterday many of you offered in the comments section amazing resources that could help a wife whose husband is dabbling with porn.
So I compiled all that you shared and made a list below – but first let me share 3 resources that I personally recommend:
1. Arousing Ourselves to Death by Dr. Moore was a blog posted today! He writes:
It’s at this point that I interrupt the discussion, look at the man, and ask, “So how long has the p*rn been going on?” The couple will look at each other, and then look at me, with a kind of fearful incredulity that communicates the question, “How do you know?” For a few minutes, they seek to reorient themselves to this exposure, wondering, I suppose, if I’m an Old Testament prophet or a New Age psychic. But I’m not either. One doesn’t have to be to sense the spirit of this age. In our time, pornography is the destroying angel of (especially male) Eros, and it’s time the Church faced the horror of this truth…read more
2. Juli Slattery’s article from Focus on the Family titled: The Impact of Porn on Marital Sex Once you are there – just keep reading all the articles connected to this one – it is a really helpful series!
3.Kristen Welch – a co-speaker at Relevant 10 with me and the founder of the Mercy House tells her story on We Are That Family in a series that includes a post with a plethora of resources – I HIGHLY recommend this post!!!!
Now here are some of the resources that I have not read nor reviewed completely myself but that you the reader shared in the comments section yesterday:
4. Stephen Arterburn’s book titled “Every Man’s Battle.”
5. Not Even A Hint by Josh Harris
6. The Peasant Princess sermon series by Mark Driscoll - http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/the-peasant-princess
7. Sheila Wray Gregoire blogs at To Love Honor and Vaccuum. Every time I visit her blog I learn from her – she is wise, funny, Godly and so easy to read! She is currently writing “The Good Girl’s Guide to Sex” right now (out with Zondervan soon). This should be a great resource!
8. A reader named Kristi (who has 5 children – including one set of triplets!) recommended one of her own blog posts: Courageous Homekeeping
9. Focus on the Family’s broadcast of Linda Dillow and Loraine Pintus authors of Intimate Issues : listen here
10. One reader wrote: “There is a free resource available at http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/ for wives who discover their husband is struggling with sexual impurity. This is a 60 day Bible study. Most people are assigned a personal mentor to help them along in their journey as a source of support and encouragement.”
11. Some technological tools that were mentioned: Safeeyes, K9 browser, K9 iphone app, http://www.covenanteyes.com/
Thank you to everyone who shared these resources above. Please feel free to share more in the comment section below. If you are a woman who feels isolated and does not have a Pastor or godly woman to talk to – please consider calling Focus on the Family at 1-800-232-6459. They have family care specialist available Monday through Friday – 6am to 8pm.
I have to share one last thing. One reader wrote and told me that she took yesterday’s blog post to her husband and asked him what he thought…he confessed. Let’s pray for their marriage today.
Walk with the King!