Strawberry Spinach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing

Janelle, from Comfy In the Kitchen, is back again with a great summer salad recipe!

This is one of  my all-time favorite salads! it tastes delicious, is absolutely beautiful, and can be doubled. I have actually quadrupled the recipe for church functions and have had many people ask to take “doggy bags” home because they enjoyed it so much :)

If you have been asked to “bring a side” to a picnic… this would be an amazing salad to bring because of the gorgeous coloring. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do…I make it often!

Let me calm you..it is not scary to make your own dressing!!! I promise! Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds (you may not have these- they are with the spices in the grocery store)

Whisk together- that is IT! Now you can breath..AHhhhhh…

I use pre-packaged baby spinach and just toss it in a nice bowl (I do not remove my stems), then add sliced strawberries and slivered almonds.

Strawberry Spinach Salad

1 10oz bag of baby spinach (or appx 6 cups of leaves)
2 cups sliced strawberries (I use an entire plastic container)
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 tsp worcestershire
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup minced white onion

Whisk all the dressing ingredients together. Place clean spinach in a bowl and top with sliced strawberries and almonds. Toss with dressing.

Thank you Janelle!!!!

If you are looking for more recipes or have one to share – visit Janelle’s new link-up today!

You can follow Janelle on her own blog Comfy In The Kitchen or on Facebook and Twitter.

I am participating in Titus 2sdays, and Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up and Works For Me Wednesday! For more blogger recipes go to these links.
Beauty and Bedlam

Comments

1. Toni says

I am TOTALLY making this. I just happened to buy spinach and strawberries tonight (my local Meijer, $1 each). Bought almonds for 75¢ this past week at Kroger. ALL IN! Thanks, Janelle (and Courtney too). My family will love this, I believe.
    Blessings,
    Toni

2. Suzanne says

Wow…and here I thought I made a good strawberry salad. Not quite…but this one sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Suzanne

3. Julie says

We had day camp at church this past week and had to bring our lunches each day. I made this salad for the first time to take to camp. Oh my goodness is it GOOD!!!!

4. Janelle Nehrenz says

Julie, so happy everyone enjoyed your salad!!!! YEA! Thanks ladies, may you have many happy memories enjoying this one with your family and friends. Love to you, Janelle

5. Anonymous says

This salad looks wonderful! Did I miss the measurements for the dressing?? I usually buy poppyseed dressing, but would love to make my own. Thanks!

6. Corrine says

My family lives on this recipe in the summer. I grill chicken breast, and we all have a heaping plate of our favorite spinach strawberry salad! So delicious!
    Hope you all love it as much as I do!

7. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Oooops!!! They were there and then they did a disappearing act!!! Sorry about that – they are there now!

8. Julieann says

This is such an amazing salad:) It is so pretty. It is good with a little cheese in it too, like feta;)

Happy Day!

Julieann

9. Tab says

I make a salad like this but instead of almonds I use sunflower seeds and a raspberry vinaigrette. It is such a refreshing and well, pretty salad!

10. Joyfilleddays@wordpress.com says

We eat salads with fruit all of the time. We love blueberries and strawberries in it and gorgonzola cheese, too.
    In the fall I use pear, craisins,(my dad is an Ocean Spray cranberry grower!) sugared pecans and gorgonzola.
    I add grilled chicken or beef strips to make it a meal. :)
    Sarah