1. The Bible!!!!!!
2. Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerich – my husband and I LOVE this book. We have led 8 other couples through this book and have given out over a dozen of these books to friends. We love it! There’s a discussion guide if you need one.
5. For Women Only by Shauni Feldhahn – I went through this book and workbook (I LOVED this workbook!) with my Bible study group of about 20 women! It’s a fascinating look at the way God created men and how our husbands really think.
6. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian – many moons ago (before babies!) I led this study in the summertime with a group fo 20 girlfriends. Then I led it again with a group of 20 other women about 4 years ago. You can never master the habit of praying for your husband! This book and study guide is a GREAT tool!
7. Love Dare by Alex and Stephen Kendrick – My husband and I went through this book this summer and took each chapter dare (we didn’t quite finish it )! If you have a husband willing to read a marriage book with you, this is the first one I’d hand him!!!
Before I complete my list – I just want to note that the top 7 marriage books on my list, I have read and discussed with friends in real life or I have done one on one with my husband. I can’t speak highly enough of how good it is to have real life friends who spur you on in your marriage. I want to encourage you to pick a book, open your home and take a step out on a limb and help other women with their marriages! If you aren’t at this place – invite your husband to read one together – just the two of you…it will do wonders for your marriage! I consider myself a lifetime student – forever learning and growing as each season of life brings new experiences and challenges into our marriage.
8. Finding the Hero in Your Husband by Dr. Julianna Slattery – I have heard Dr. Juli Slattery speak in person multiple times and every single time I come away encouraged and inspired. She is the co-host of Focus on the Family and you can find a ton content there to help you in your marriage.
9. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas – When I started blogging on marriage, so many women told me I MUST get this book that I went to Amazon right away and got my hands on it. Now I see why it was so highly recommended to me – it’s a great book!
10. Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot – All of Elizabeth Elliot’s writings have been a shaping influence on my thinking since I was 17 years old. I have read most of her books and want to be just like her when I grow up – except I don’t want my husband killed by the Auca Indians…but the character and spirit of this woman I admire deeply.
Friday I will share one more book that is not on this list…it’s powerful and for someone on the brink of a divorce.
This is part 8 in a series of 10!
Be sure to visit these brilliant women during our 10 days adventure between November 7th-18th! I love these ladies and we know you will too.
10 days of Character Studies | Confessions of a Homeschooler
10 days of Christmas Countdown Ideas | Milk & Cookies
10 days of Creative Writing | Chocolate on My Cranium
10 days of Crockpot Meals | The Happy Housewife
10 Days to a Godly Marriage | Women Living Well
10 Days of Growing Leaders | Mom’s Mustard Seeds
10 Days of Homeschooling High School | Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
10 days of I Wish I Had Known | Fruit in Season
10 days of Keeping Your Marbles | The Tie That Binds Us
10 days of Kid-friendly Food | Planner Perfect
10 Days of Language Arts Lesson Planning | Jimmie’s Collage
10 Days of Learning Apps | Daze of Adventure
10 Days of a Mason Jar Christmas | Cajun Joie de Vivre
10 Days of More JESUS in Christmas | Preschoolers and Peace
10 Days to a Peaceful Home | Raising Arrows
10 Days of Raising a Life-Long-Learner | Bright Ideas Press
10 days of Science with Math | Blog, She Wrote
10 days of Teaching Values | Our Journey Westward
10 days of Winning your Child’s Heart | I Take Joy
But now it’s link-up time! It’s Women Living Well’s Wednesday Link-Up Party!!! Join the fun, do a little blog hopping and don’t forget if you join below -please add the Women Living Well Wednesdays button to your post so your readers can find us here! (Posts can include the topics of marriage, parenting, homemaking, finances, recipes, organization and more!)