Every year I make Dirt Cake for the 4th of July! And since our family is having a picnic at our house on the 3rd – we just finished making our annual dirt cake and decorating the kitchen!
So since I instagram’d the photo above and someone asked for the recipe – here it is:
Dirt Cake Ingredients: (serves 12-15)
2 sixteen ounce packages Oreo Cookies
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 packages (3.9ounces) of instant chocolate pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
1 16oz carton frozen whipped topping thawed
15 gummy worms
1. Chop Oreo cookies very fine in a food processor – set aside.
2. Combine cream cheese, butter and stir until creamy – set aside.
3. In another bowl combine the pudding mix and milk then fold the cream cheese mixture into the pudding. Then fold the whipped cream into the mixture – set aside.
4. In a flowerpot alternate layers of cookie “dirt” and pudding mixture, starting and ending with the cookie “dirt”. In each layer of dirt add a couple gummy worms.
5. Chill overnight. (or 4 hours) Add silk flowers and worms on top and serve!
I love creating family traditions –the dirt cake is officially one of them!
Here’s our dirt cake served on the 4th of July – 3 years ago:
Two years ago:
And last year:
From my family to yours –Happy Fourth of July!!!! Have a wonderful day creating memories that will last a lifetime with your family.
Walk with the King,