Tasty Tuesday: Hawaiian Meatloaf

I mentioned yesterday that this is one of my husband’s favorite dinners. This is a great summer meatloaf that I’ve been serving since our first year of marriage!

Hawaiian Meatloaf (can also be made into meatballs)

1 lb ground beef

1 egg

1/3 of a can of crushed pineapple (or tidbits if you aren’t trying to hide them from the children like I am! :-) , Drain and save the juice

1 tbsp. chopped onion

2 tbsp. of pineapple juice

1/3 cup of breadcrumbs

1 tsp. of salt

Mix it all together. Bake it in the oven at 350 for 1 1/4 hours.

Hawaiian Meatloaf Sauce:

1/2 cup of pineapple juice (or as much as you can get from the can)

1/2 cup of brown sugar

1/2 cup of ketchup

Mix and warm on the stove-top over medium heat and ladle over the loaf. Enjoy!

I am participating in Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. For more blogger recipes go to these links.

Comments

1. Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet says

Oooh, this sounds intersting! :D Thank you for sharing a different type of meatloaf. :D

Have a blessed day!
    Sherry

2. Rebecca (me!) says

This looks yummy! I recently came upon my Aunts' cookbook..she added pineapple or coconut to just about everything! I don't think she had a meatloaf, though! Thanks!

3. Mary Joy says

Interesting! We are going to have to add it to the August Monthly Meal Planner for our family. I am with you on hiding the pineapple from my kids though…crushed pineapple it will be. LOL

Thanks for a new twist on meatloaf. Sounds very yummy and very summery!!

4. Daughter to THE King says

We've had many a meatloaf's but never Hawiian Meatloaf. We are definately going to have to try this one. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!

5. Anonymous says

I tried this recipe last week and it was delicious! Everyone loved it! It is now my FAVORITE way to make meatloaf. Thanks so much!

Linda

6. Supermom2JakeAndEmmy says

Well, I thought I was the queen of meatloaves until I saw this one! Good one, Courtney! I can't wait to try this. Incidentally, I will be making my husband's favorites – roasted potatoes and peach cobbler – tomorrow night. ;)

7. Milk and Honey Mommy says

Courtney,

I'm a veggie eating fool over here, but might consider (if I can get over touching so much of the meat – my stomach is already turning, but it's nothing against you) making this for my husband and children. It sounds good…Maybe, I can come up w/an alternative for me.

It must be SO hard for vegetarians to look at such delicious recipes including meat. Personally I’ve never phathomed how considering ingesting meat can make someone feel ill. Go on! Give it a try – for your family. Or else maybe print it out and give it to hubby to cook. ;)

8. Karen says

This looks so good. I can't wait to try it. I want to share a little tip with meatloaf. Instead of making it into a loaf, use a muffin pan. I fill each section to level and it cooks up in about 30 minutes. I can't tell you the last time I made an actual loaf since it cooks up so fast this way. I slice each little muffin in half for sandwiohes. Thanks for the recipe. Blessings!

9. Anonymous says

I have really been challenged by your 'completing him challenge'. Things have been changing slowly but surely in our home. My husband said he appreciated some of the efforts I have made as a result of this challenge. I am thankful for that. God is softening some hard places in my heart. Thank you for doing this.
    Jonie in NE, BTW I will be trying the recipe this week!

10. Melinda says

What a fun twist to a traditional meat loaf recipe! Have you ever tried to make it in the crock pot?

11. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Karen – great muffin pan idea – thanks!

Melinda – nope I've never tried it in a crock pot – any pointers on how to do that?

Hi or Lo and how many hours? I'm guessing Lo – 6-8 hours??? I should do this in the winter – great tip – thx!

12. dorcas says

This sounds wonderful. One of the readers asked about making meatloaf in a crock pot. I have done that, especially for Sunday's when putting it in the oven is to long and coming home from church and having it for lunch is to short. I line the crockpot with foil because it is easier to get the meatloaf out. Then I form the meatloaf with some space around it for the grease. I usually cook on high for about an hour or until I'm ready to leave for church, then turn it on low. I'm kind of a freak about meatloaf though and usually put it in the oven for a little when I get home from church just to be sure it's done. I have a sweet and sour recipe and so when I put it in the oven I pour some extra sauce over it to give it more flavor.

13. Anonymous says

I told my husband about this recipe and he asked me to make it tonight! Thanks for all the great ideas.

14. Angela says

I'm making this for dinner tonight. I don't have to hide the pineapple, because my husband isn't afraid of fruit. :-) No kids to hide it from yet. I sure smells yummy in the oven! Thanks for sharing it.

15. Diana J. says

I made this for dinner last week – it was great! Thanks for the recipe! The only change I made was to ladle the sauce on for the last 15 minutes of cooking. We all loved it.

I had some leftover sauce, so I added soy sauce and ginger and used it to crockpot some chicken thighs, also wonderful. Two recipes in one! Thanks a bunch!

16. Nicole-Lynn says

Visiting from Kelly's blog! This recipe sounds great! My husband and I just returned from our Hawaii honeymoon so this only seems fitting to make! :) Thank you!

17. Kristi (Turley) Jackson says

I made this last night for supper and it was a HUGE hit!!! Will definitely add this to my list of favorites!! Thanks for sharing!

18. Courtney (Women Living Well) says

Kristi! I'm so glad it turned out!!! :-)! Thanks for trying it and then letting me know about it!!!

You made me smile! Thanks!

I found this recipe on Pinterest (yes, I’m a man on Pinterest) and loved how minimal the ingredients and work were. I made it last night for a group of friends and EVERYONE LOVED IT! Unlike you who had to hide the pineapple, I added all the pineapple in the can and added a whole onion instead of your recommended amount. Low and behold, this recipe delivered to the point that no leftovers existed! I will definitely be making this recipe again. Thank you for your post! :D

20. Lovepineapple says

This looks amazing. I want to try it with a beef/pork mixture because I love the pig and I’m sure it would be delicious. Thank you for sharing!

21. Ashley says

Looks delish, I’m going to make this in meatball form as my hubby is very picky about “meatloaf”. I think I’ll also serve it over rice to soak up all the sauce! :) thanks for sharing

22. Renee M says

Made this today for an early dinner, left some chunk pineapple on top of the sauce for added yumminess and garnish :) Just finished and it’s sooo good. Thank you!

23. Kim says

Wow! Made this tonight with hesitation – boyfriend doesn’t always like tangy – but it was very good. So simple and just like sweet and sour meatballs without all the fuss and work. Will make it again for sure! I did use 50% ground pork in the recipe…

trying it today for the big game and its my husbands birthday and i brought this recipe to him and he said he would love to try it out , more comments to come , thank-you blessed be