Quiet Time Tip – On-line Devotionals
Today I want to share a couple on-line devotionals that I enjoy. Then I’d like you to share with me in the comments section some of your favorites.
Here’s a few of mine:
1. I receive Anne Graham Lotz’s daily devotions in my email inbox every morning – I also recommend her books! Just Give Me Jesus is a great place to start.
2. Sally Clarkson blogs at I Take Joy. Her blog always includes scripture and inspirations. It is one of my favorites and she’ll be speaking at the Relevant Conference with me – I cannot wait to meet her!! I own a couple of her books and from time to time she even emails me encouragement – I am always humbled by her gracious ways!
3. Another Relevant speaker who I have been reading for over a year is Ann Voskamp. Her unique blog at A Holy Experience always comforts me and lifts me up. I never miss a post of hers. I can’t wait to meet her too!
4. The first blog I ever followed on a daily basis way back in 2005 (many years before I even thought I’d ever blog) was Girl Talk Blogs. I still visit them weekly and catch up on their blogs and teachings. They have discipled me in some Titus 2 areas – especially marriage. I own their books and some of their CD’s.
5. Nancy Leigh Demoss has a ministry titled Revive Our Hearts. Daily she has a radio broadcast you can hear on-line along with the transcript you can read. I also must recommend her 30 day challenges. She has a Gratitude Challenge (which I just completed in June – loved it!), Husband Encouragement challenge, True Woman Makeover, Television Free, Praying for Your Pastor, and Praying for Your Pastor’s Wife Challenge. When you sign-up for a challenge – daily you will receive a quiet time in your email that directs you.
(Two honorable mentions that I visit regularly but not daily are Mrs. Joseph Wood’s site A Moment with Mom (this woman is SO wise – I discovered her on-line and she even takes my phone calls with questions on motherhood! Bless her!) and I use Crosswalk.com’s Bible study tools whenever I am doing commentary work.)
So these are some of my favorites. I know I may be missing a few but I don’t want to overload you! What are some of your favorites – please share the links in the comments section!
Here is a favorite of mine.
Here is one I try to get to each day…
Thanks for sharing yours!
Our Daily Bread
I receive David Wilkerson's daily devotion. Just yesterday, he spoke about prayer, and answered a question I had just asked God about earlier in the day. It was amazing, and I shared it on my blog. I love God.
I'm praying for you Courtney. God bless you,
I have been receiving this for more than two years.
Thanks for sharing those! They sound really nice, I will check them out!
I follow several, but my favorite for devotionals is Proverbs 31 ministry. Their daily devotional is: http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/
And all the women there have amazing blogs of their own too, always scripture-based and Christ focused, challenging and encouraging!
I did the Revive Our Hearts Husband Encouragement Challenge, and I loved it! It was so great for our marriage!
I receive the Daily Focus by Alpha Omega. They are uplifting devotionals for homeschooling parents.
I'm pretty new to the internet devotionals. I found your site a few weeks ago, and I check out all the blogs you post and recommend. They have been very uplifting and encouraging to me. But right now in my devotions, I've been going through Stormie Ottoman's prayer book. She has a section from each of her books. So I read/pray through one from each section a day. I write down each scripture she references, find it in my Bible, and underline/journal my favorites. My heart has been discouraged lately, so I love reading all those wonderful promises God planted in His Word to uplift us and keep us going!
Thank you for sharing the sites.
Thanks for these ! Come check out my hair disaster. It will give you a good laugh (just don't laugh too hard at me)
One of my current favorites is the blog Mom's Toolbox. She does a daily SOAP which is short and sweet and allows me 5 minutes of quiet time from the daily grind as a mom. She has a wonderful ministry going right now getting people to read the Bible in 90 days. She currently has 500 people reading the Bible in 90 days! I sometimes don't have a lot of time to get some quiet time in and when she posts her SOAP for the day it takes me 5 minutes. http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/
I get a weekly email devotional from Max Lucado. It's always the highlight of my inbox. 🙂 You can sign up here:
This is so fun guys! Thank you for sharing!! I'm checking every link out!
Thank you for this wonderful list of resources! I just signed up for the gratitude challenge. 🙂
Thank you so much for recommending Nancy Leigh Demoss' 30 day challenges. I started the Gratitude challenge yesterday, and am loving it!! Looking forward to the next 28 days! Thank you!!
thank you SO much for posting this!!! I visit internetcafedevotions.com often! I was in search of some other online devotions… typed it into google and your page popped up 🙂 God and Google… gotta love that combo 😉 thank you again!!!