Easy Beef Taquitos
Janelle from Comfy In The Kitchen has a great easy dinner recipe! This is perfect for the back-to-school season! Janelle writes:
What a blessing it is that my husband’s company is so close to home. We take full advantage of more time together and cherish our lunch dates. This is something I made for us for lunch last week and thought I would share! These are not only yummy but very easy to make (and yes, for those of us with allergies- it is naturally allergy friendly!). Serve with homemade salsa!
Easy Beef Taquitos
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Salsa Fiesta (This is a mix of salsa and cream cheese- you can buy it pre-made at the grocery store, or mix 1/2 parts of each to make your own)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Heat oven to 425, line baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
- Cook ground beef on stove and season with cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Place tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel- microwave for 1 min to soften.
- Spread Salsa Fiesta on tortilla, place about 1/4 cup cooked ground beef 1/2 inch from edge of tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up and place seam down on baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of ingredients.
- Spray or brush tops with vegetable oil.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with homemade salsa!
My family is going to love this – thank you Janelle!!!
You can follow Janelle’s blog at ComfyInTheKitchen.com Every Friday she has a recipe link-up for bloggers – you gotta check it out!
Follower her on facebook at Comfy In The Kitchen
Follow her on Twitter at ComfynKitchen
And follow her on Pinterest at Comfy In the Kitchen
I am going to try these! We do taquitos with shredded chicken and a little green salsa verde, YUM YUM YUM! Glad to have a beef version! Thanks!
What a lovely lunch! Your beef taquitos sound delicious. It’s lovely your husband’s company is near your home. My husband and I don’t often have a chance to have lunch together during the week, so it is definitely a special treat when we do!
Does anyone know if these freeze well?
Looks yummy and I got excited when you said allergy friendly. Then I saw cream cheese and the other cheese. 🙁 Not allergy friendly for this mama with kiddos with severe dairy allergies. Would love to see you post more dairy free/egg free meals! Thanks for your ministry, I have found a few things I could use. Blessings.
I subscribed to your blog some time ago and am getting emails, but I don’t think I ever got the Proverbs 31 book. Help, please?
Made these for dinner tonight…the whole family loved them!!
Mine are in the oven now and from eating the scraps I can tell it’s going to be YUMMY!!!!
Meat was bland, maybe use taco seasoning?