Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche

“This is such an easy dish to whip up for a brunch, pot-luck, or morning bible study! I can’t count how many times I have made this. I also can’t count how many times I have been asked for the recipe…so here it is! It is simple, turns out perfect every time, easy to transport and is DEEEEElish!!!” ~Janelle from Comfy In The Kitchen

Sauté diced onions and ham in a pan sprayed with Pam

Add eggs and heavy cream, season with salt and pepper.

Beat Well

Lay cheese down on top of pie shell

Add ham and onions

Pour egg mixture on top

Bake in oven set at 375 for 35-45 mins.

The top of the Quiche will be lightly browned and the center should not move. If it does, place back in oven and cook in 5 min intervals.

The best Quiche ever and Ohhh, so easy!

Ham and Cheese Quiche

1 pre-made pie shell (I recommend Marie Callender’s in your grocer’s freezer)

6 eggs

1 ½ cups heavy cream

1 cup diced ham (I purchase this in a bag in the meat section)

¼ cup diced onion

1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese

salt/pepper

Preheat oven to 375

“Pam” a small pan and sauté onions with ham for appx 5 mins. Pour sauted ham and onions and shredded cheese into premade pie shell. Beat eggs with heavy cream until well blended, add salt and pepper. Pour over top. Bake 35-45 mins until set. (When you take the quiche out of the oven, the middle of the pie should not jiggle)

You can follow Janelle on her own blog she just launched last week titled Comfy In The Kitchen! Congratulations Janelle – I am so excited for you! Follow Janelle on Facebook and Twitter.

I am participating in What’s Cooking Wednesday, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Dining With Debbie , Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tuesdays at the Table recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up! For more blogger recipes go to these links.

Comments

1. Kaz says

This sounds great and easy. Im thinking tomoro night's tea :O)
    Sounds like a good emergency recipe for us, as we always have bacon bits in the freezer, eggs in the fridge and uht cream in the cupboard. Im hoping it will work with premade puff pastry sheets.
    Thankyou

2. Kasey says

A Note for any of your gluten free readers, you can make this recipe the exact same way, just omit the crust. We had quiche for dinner earlier this week and this is almost exactly what we made. Great recipe!

3. Janelle Nehrenz says

Thanks Ladies- A special shot out to Kasey, keep those gluten-free comments coming please!!! I have a sweet friend who has to go by a gluten free diet…I will make a quiche that way for her now that you just mentioned it! awesome! Thanks!
    ~Janelle

4. Dandelions Cottage says

That looks sssooo good! We love quiches!
    By the way I have posted you to my 'Bible Study Links' page on my blog.
    I have become very encouraged by you.
    What you are is a VESSEL, for the King.

5. yvettesblogs.com says

A wonderful recipe, one of my favourites also…A great visual impact is also beat 2 eggs and crack the other 4 whole into the pie itself…a surprise to each slice..Delicious!Yvette

6. Royalbird says

I am going to have to try this one. I'm not usually one to grab recipes from blogs, but I love quiche and this looks super easy!

7. Sarah says

We had this for dinner and it was delicious!! One question though… how do you keep the quiche from overflowing in the oven? Do you not always have to use all of the egg/cream mixture? Mine made quite the mess on the cookie sheet! :P

8. wacki04 says

This looks sooo delicious! I may make this soon! Thanks for stopping by What's Cooking Wednesday! Hope to see you next week!

9. Janelle Nehrenz says

Sarah, It seems to depend on the pre-made crust depth..some crusts -the mixture is perfect, others you may want to leave out about 1/4 cup of the mixture or you will end up with too much. Thank you so much for your update-I am so glad you enjoyed it!

10. Kaz says

mmm thanks Courtney, we munched out on this for tea :O) , but next time i will remember to put the cream in haha, I posted a link 2 ur blog and a pic of my effort on my blog.

11. Dayna (Spear) Guenther says

Awesome! I will try it!

Courtney, thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog and for stopping by.

Pure Joy Journal
    daynaguenther.blogspot.com

12. quest2bme says

I made this on Monday morning, it was delicious. My mother had stayed with us for a long weekend and loved it also. Thanks for a great recipe!!!

13. Jackie Koll says

I made this tonight and it was fantastic! Like someone else mentioned the depth of the crust makes a differance. I just bought a regular crust and had to throw out about 1 cup of the egg mixture. You really need a deep dish pie crust for this – but it really was a great meal!

14. Janelle Nehrenz says

Jacki & Quest- thank you for the update! So happy you got to enjoy in this delicious recipe :) Blessings to you!

15. Laura says

Janelle…your site is such a blessing to me. I needed something quick, easy, and delicious for our women’s ministry brunch tomorrow a.m. and this sounds perfect! I have a quick question….do you add the ingredients into a frozen or thawed pie shell? Thank you so much for all you do and for your help. May God bless you as richly as you bless others!

Laura

16. Laura says

Oh my please forgive me Courtney…I have bounced between your two wonderful sites so much today searching recipes I lost track of where I was….so sorry about that, how embarrassing.

17. jan says

This recipe looks like a great thing! I am not a fan of eggs, but it has given me another option for meals to take to someone who is sick, or has a new baby, etc. I am looking forward to poking around your site. It looks as though you have some really good things besides recipes on here. I am especially interested in the free e book. I am in a group with my daughter, and several other girls and their moms. We are attempting to teach them to be godly managers (keepers) of their homes. I think a study on how to be like the Proverbs 31 woman would be very good. We were just doing a short devotion each month, but we recently decided we wanted to do a deeper study with them as they are all getting to their teen years. I hope the ebook will be something we could use as a guide…

18. D'ana says

mmmm mmmm mmmm – Can’t wait to try this, I haven’t eaten anything this morning and I’m salivating!!!! Thanks for sharing!

19. Brandi says

Thanks for this great recipe. I made this for dinner tonight with my kids tonight. I’m on bed rest and can’t be up for very long at any one time. We were able to get it in the oven in about 15 min. We did broccoli instead of onions and used fat free half and half. My husband did the grocery shopping so we had 2 regular pie crusts instead of deep dish. We split the recipe and had 2 “pies,” which worked out since they are gone. Thanks again. The kids (7, 5, 2) loved helping and eating this tasty meal.

20. DeAnne says

Made this for my family after church today. My youngest, a self-proclaimed egg hater, chowed down on this “ham and cheese” pie. I was forced to use half and half as our local grocery was out of heavy cream (after Valentine’s Day, seriously?!?!?! LOL). Very good. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow! :)

I would like to start making these ahead of time and baking them each morning for breakfast. Do you know if the could be baked and then frozen (or) frozen and then baked?

22. April says

I came across your recipe looking to use up the leftover ham and heavy cream from Thanksgiving dinner. The quiche turned out wonderful and I didn’t get the jiggle in the middle I usually get from other quiche recipes. I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for the recipe. :)

23. Kim says

I can’t wait to taste the quiche that I’m making from this recipe. One thing…using the exact amounts listed was too much filling for a regular 9″frozen pie crust. I would have overflowed! I used 2 recipes of the egg mixture to fill 3 crusts and it was a perfect fit! (Used the amount of ham and cheese listed)

24. Carmen says

Made this today for Father’s day, it was a hit! everyone loved it! will definitely make again :-) thanks for the great recipe.

25. Heidi says

26. Heidi says

Just made a double batch and had enough liquid left for another one although I used a deep crust. Tasted really great though. I added some broccoli (about one cup) to one of them and a little paprika spice to the egg mixture. There are many ways to vary this recipe. Should be good with asparagus, mushrooms, salmon….etc.

27. Jenni Martz says

We celebrated the very first dozen chicken eggs on our little farm mountain top and we used this recipe. It was wonderful and will hold many memories for us. This one will be printed out and passed down. Thank you for sharing this with us:) Jenni