My Favorite Easter Breakfast – Resurrection Rolls

This is what we have for breakfast every Easter morning.
These are so fun because when the rolls are done baking – they are empty inside – JUST like Jesus’ tomb!

You need just 5 ingredients: crescent rolls, marshmallows, sugar, cinnamon and butter

Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll. This represents the tomb.

Each child takes one marshmallow which represents the body of Christ.

Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.

Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow.

Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (Otherwise the marshmallow will “ooze” out of the seams) Bake according to package directions.

Cool.

Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!!

Celebrate God’s love!

I am participating in Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, A Southern Fairy Tale, Amys Finer Things and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam recipe exchanges. I am also linked up to Raising Homemakers Weds. link up and Works For Me Wednesday! For more blogger recipes go to these links.
The Girl Creative
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

1. Miko's Girl says

I've never seen this before. I've seen the recipe for meringues where you seal the oven with tape overnight and the middle of the meringue is hollow (or somewhat hollow in the case of my meringes). I'm saving this and giving it a try! Thanks for sharing!

2. ~Lindsey says

Thanks for sharing, I will have to give this recipe a try with my girls this Easter. Have any other Easter traditions you would like to share??

3. Amy says

Thanks for sharing this! All I've heard about are the Resurrection cookies w/the pecans. My son has a life-threatening peanut/tree nut allergy so there's no way we were going to even think about attempting those cookies! But, I am really excited to find this alternative and to be able to share a special Easter treat/visual with him that is allergy-friendly!! Thank you!!

4. TreasuresOfHomeBoutique says

This is a great idea! I have been searching for an alternative to the Meringue Easter Cookies because I have a child with an egg allergy so this will be a great alternative.

5. Gretchen says

This is SUCH a cool idea!!! Thank you so much, Courtney! What a great object lesson. I am for sure saving this!

6. Stephanie says

We did these last year and my kids LOVED them (and my oldest was then 15 :) ) Thanks for the great idea!

7. April @ The 21st Century Housewife says

What a wonderful recipe, and what an excellent way to illustrate the Easter story with children. Serving the Resurrection Rolls to non-believing adults would be a great way to share the story with them as well – and a great way to get that important conversation started! Thank you for sharing!

8. Lyssette says

What an AWESOME idea! I will do this with my family this year for sure. Wanted to know if we can prepare them the night before and then put them in the oven early in the morning?

9. Anonymous says

Have you ever looked up the origins of Easter? Easter is a Pagan holiday, that has been dolled up to a Christian holiday. The only place that Easter is actually mentioned in the Bible is when King Herod (who was not a christian) was celebrating Easter. Easter is actually a pagan holiday to celebrate a fake Sun God. Would Jesus be celebrating that?

10. julie moore says

Absolutely awesome! I'm passing this along to my friends with small children. I'll use it one day when I have grandchildren. This is a keeper.

11. Chels says

I love this idea, it's so clever and I think it really helps kids kind of get why we celebrate Easter. It's not about Bunny Rabbits, but about our Lord fulfilling his promises to us. Very neat! I love this and I think my kids would enjoy it too.

12. Olivia says

So cute. I love your creativity in turning everyday things into reminders of truth to share with your children. They'll remember those!

13. Jennifer says

Love this idea…..I will be ding this with my boys this Easter. Have you every done a cornacopia for thanksgiving? You can also make an egg shaped cake out of a loaf pan- cut corners to form an egg shape them decorate. Hey maybe putting marshmallow in the middle of the dough like you do in this project ( to make Jesus' tomb). (just put half the dough in pan, add marshmallows as directed, then add the rest of the dough. Hummm….I think I will they it and I will let you know how it went:)

14. Saved by Grace says

I loved this idea, tried it once with my girls. It's a great teachable moment to teach your children about the empty tomb and what it's all about. thank you for sharing. I will be sharing this on my blog. God Bless you sis!
    Adrienne

15. Kathryn says

I love this! My little boy is only 9 months, but I am going to save this, and use it when he is older! Thanks!!

16. Laura says

Fun idea. Thanks for sharing.

5 minutes ago I was just blogging about myrrh, what the wise man presented to Jesus and it is also one of those cinnamon and sugar spices ;) that was used upon Jesus' death. Cool.

17. The Waites Family says

I've been waiting for you to post this!! I found you last year by googling resurrection rolls. I've learned much from you since then. Thanks, friend! ~Ashley

18. Sally says

This is just flat-out cool! We are SO doing this at home this year!!! Thank you!!!
    What a wonderful post! I found you by way of our common link-up on Raising Homemakers, and I am so glad I did!

19. April's Homemaking says

This is a wonderful idea- I am a Sunday school teacher, and this would be a wonderful snack/project,I will have to do this with my kids & neice and nephew also- this is great!!!
    Thanks for sharing- April

aprilhomemaking.blogspot.com

20. Stacie says

I'm just like all the others. . .I think this is a fun idea!! I'm sure my children will get a great kick out of this! I'm going to probably have to do this on Good Friday or something because our Sunday service will be pretty early in the morning! LOL

21. Olga says

Going to make the Resurrection Rolls for Easter morning.. What a wonderful idea.. Cant wait to taste them.. God Bless and have a Blessed Easter Sunday

22. Cindy says

What a terrific way to illustrate the resurrection to your children. Wish I had known about this when my kiddos were small. Love it, and thanks for sharing it for all those young mothers out there.

I have passed this along to some other family and friends that have little ones.

Hugs,
    Cindy

23. Greg says

Thanks for sharing this, we did it tonight and will be bringing it to our church's brunch tomorrow. My 2 year old LOVED it and it was a great way for me to show the story of Easter to him :)

24. Denise says

My daughter found this and told me about it do we have been trying to get it down. Our problem is that the dough seems to get thin and then the marshmallow seeps out. I’ve tried two batches and none of them hve worked. Any ideas as to how to get it sealed better?
    Thank you! LOVE the idea and the teachable moment it creates!!!

I have never seen this before! I am totally doing this with the kids this year! And since I have decided the bunny will hide eggs and baskets for Saturday to eliminate morning stress before church, this will be PERFECT for Easter morning. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing! Will try this for Resurrection morning after the waiting of today is complete. Have a wonderful Easter Resurrection-Filled New Life Day!!!
    Always Experiencing Him,
    Jody
    farmfaithfamily.blogspot.com

27. Pam says

Thank you for this idea! We made them tonight for Easter dinner dessert – complete with rainbow sherbet :)

28. Uvonda says

God bless you!! I appreciate this!!! I will be doing this with lots of little people and sharing the idea :-) Thanks again! -Your Sister in Christ :)

1. [...] taste. However, that is NOT the case with Resurrection Rolls! I found this recipe on a great blog Women Living Well and couldn’t wait to add it to our Easter Tradition activities this year.  We first made [...]