My Favorite Easter Breakfast – Resurrection Rolls

Every year we make these Resurrection Rolls – they are quick, easy and taste great!
Here’s my kids making them 3 years ago at our old house.

And here they are making them last year!
These are so fun because when the rolls are done baking – they are empty inside…
JUST like Jesus’ tomb!

You need just 5 ingredients: crescent rolls, marshmallows, sugar, cinnamon and butter

Give each child one triangle shaped section of crescent roll.

This represents the tomb.

Each child takes one marshmallow.

This represents the body of Christ.

Dip the marshmallow in the butter and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
This represents the oils and spices the body was anointed with upon burial.

Lay the marshmallow on the dough and carefully wrap it around the marshmallow.

Make sure all seams are pinched together well. (This is a REALLY important step! Otherwise the marshmallow will “ooze” out of the seams)

Bake according to package directions.

Cool.

Break open the tomb and the body of Christ is no longer there!!

Celebrate God’s love!

If you are in need of some fresh new recipes – then visiting Janelle’s blog at Comfy In the Kitchen is a must! She also has a Feasting In Fellowship Friday Link-Up Party happening right now – join the fun!!

Comments

1. Steph says

Hi Courtney:
    Thanks for reposting this. I have two sons (6 and 4) and they recently mentioned making those rolls again, “where Jesus disappears from the cave and the marshmallow melts…”. :) The rolls, accompanied by the story,” made good impact on them when I did this last year. Plan to do it again this year. Thank you for sharing an idea that is fun and meaningful for the little ones.

2. callie house says

This is wonderful! I have 3 sons ages 4 1/2, 2, and 14 months. And I am always trying to find great ways to teach them about God and Jesus. This is terrific. I am most definitely making these! Thank you.

3. Kathy says

My mom made these years ago, except she made them in a muffin tin. What a good idea for a resurrection day treat.

Thanks for sharing! Even though my kids are too young to help, my hubby is still pretty excited about these!! :) I told him the idea and he loves it. We’ll def. be making these again, especially when the kids are older!
    Lauren
    lholmes79.wordpress.com/

ooo so i want to make these!!!! no kids though, and i think if i made them for my in laws they would think i was crazy if i didnt explain it all… lol

6. kimmya says

we have made these every year since you first posted it and its now a memorable tradition! I think we will try the cookies this year too but on a different morning!lol

7. Amy H says

What a fun idea! I can’t wait to do it this year with my kids. Question – could these be prepared the night before and baked in the morning?

8. Sara says

we made these today and they turned out soooo delicious!!! I loved that it was easy to include my 1 year old on making these yummys! Thanks for the recipe and meaning! It felt good to remind my kids and nephew what Easter is really about!! ;) HAPPY EASTER TO YOU AND YOURS!

9. Sharilyn says

Wonderful recipe and great idea! I am going to do this with my Sparky’s @ church this year. Thanks! Sharilyn

1. […] 1. Kitchen sunrise service. Regardless of the day of the week, my kids are up at the crack of dawn. One of my neighbors says her family holds an informal “sunrise service” in the kitchen as they get ready for the day. They listen to Handel’s Messiah on the CD player, read the Easter story in the Bible, and then follow up with a children’s book such as  The Story of Easter. You can make an Easter sunrise breakfast of Empty Tomb Rolls, made of crescent rolls, marshmallows, and brown sugar – these recipes are all over Pinterest or you can find one on WomenLivingWell.org. […]