I’m Maxed Out!

I knew the day would come – when I’d say – I can’t do it anymore.

I can’t blog, homeschool the kids, keep the house clean, be the wife I want to be, maintain my friendships, serve at church, attend all the children’s activities (four nights a week)  AND write a book!

I can’t.

I’m . maxed . out .

Today by lunch time I was muttering under my breath – I quit.

But there’s nothing on the list I plan to quit on – so…I think I just have to call a Time Out.

My manuscript is due to the publisher on September 30th.  I shared in August that I had just completed writing 60,000 words  – but that was just the first draft.  I had not done proof reading yet.  So now I’m in that process and I really want this book to be the best it can be…so I have to call a – Time Out - on the blog.

For the next three weeks – I plan to continue the Monday Revive Your Marriage series, host the link-ups on Wednesday (without a post), and host Janelle’s recipes on Fridays.

Come October 1st – the manuscript will be turned into the publisher Thomas Nelson {squeal} and I’ll be breathing a deep sigh of relief and back in the saddle here.

Sunday – I had a splitting headache all day – and in those weak moments I began to question my decisions.  God brought to mind something my dear friend Karen Ehman had said to me at the Proverbs 31 Conference.  She said “you need to have a prayer team Courtney.”  I agreed but then went on my merry way.  I hate sharing my weaknesses.  I don’t want to be a burden on anyone, so I never emailed my friends.  I want to be strong in the Lord…but God’s been humbling me…and making me realize just how weak I really am.

So I confess…I need prayer.

Would a few of you pray for me for the next 3 weeks?  I knew this was going to be hard…but I pridefully felt I could handle it all.

I was so wrong.

Every morning, I feel like the little train that could – I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. (I’m sure I’m not alone – I have a feeling many of you are drowning in the back-to-school calendar too! Can I get an Amen?)

I went to hear Michelle Duggar speak at a local church a few years back.  She talked about how overwhelmed she was around baby number 7.  One night when she was up around 1am folding laundry, she began to cry. She was overwhelmed with the diapers, dishes, laundry, meals, cleanup, corrections, school lessons, baths, hugs, kisses, and the list went on. It was at that moment that she cried out to God “Lord, I need your help, I can’t do it all!”     God brought 2 Corinthians 12:9 to her mind:

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

It is when we are weak that God’s power has a chance to work through us.

Boasting in my weaknesses – is not my strong suit.  But today, it’s time for me to do a little Second Corinthians boasting.  I am SO weak.  If this book turns out to be any good at all – it will CLEARLY be Christ’s power working through me because on my own – I cannot do this.

On my own – I quit.

But – I’m not on my own.  God’s grace is sufficient and he has carried me thus far and I believe he will carry me all the way to the end! He is faithful. I know this…but I still feel like quitting…so for now – I’ll take a time out.

As hot tears rush to my eyes – I humbly admit – I covet your prayers and am grateful for anyone who has a minute to cover me in them.

Comments

• Lynsey says

I will be praying for you Courtney. I love reading your blogs and appreciate you being so open about your struggles because we all go through times in our lives that we have to sit back and give everything to the Lord. We can not do it alone but God is soooo good and amazing that he will get us through the tougher times. You are such an inspiration to so many and I have to say that being a new christian that I am, I really enjoy reading and seeing your passion for Christ. When I have time at night and may be struggling, I make sure to read Christian women blogs, yours being the main one. I will continue to pray for you during this time and I want you to know that I will be one of the first ones to buy your book:)

• Mindy Cavanaugh says

Thank you so much for sharing. I too have felt so overwhelmed lately. But I promise to pray for you!! Thanks for all you do, I have really been enjoying your posts!
      Mindy

1. Ronnie says

Congratulations on your book being published! I recently found you (through Proverbs 31 Ministry) so I will read all the archives until you get back! LOL. Seriously I pray for your strength and grace. Such joy you will have when it is completed. I’m excited to read your book!

Blessings;
    Ronnie

2. Kasia says

Praying for you! God works through you in so many ways and will continue to use you. There is nothing wrong with a time out. Ecclesiastes 3:1 reminds us :There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under the heavens. Take the time you need. We will be here praying you on!

I will CERTAINLY be praying for you Courtney.
    This could not have come at a BETTER time though for me! I LITERALLY just wrote my friends a fb message letting them know I QUIT! lol Life is soo stressful right now and I have just been feeling so overwhelmed and like a failure because I can’t get it all done. But I love what you said-it’s a TIME OUT! That’s it! It doesn’t have to be all or nothing-it can be a time out…patiently waiting for that window to open kind of mentality. :) So thank you for that reminder and I ALSO thank you for the Biblical wisdom of truth that God IS shown THROUGH our weaknesses! It is when I am weak that God is soo powerful and so strong and so I can count it (and so can you) ALL JOY because like James says-these trials were produce patience. And God’s power and strength will be shown through when we’re still doing errands, keeping our sanity, and our faith and yet we feel like quitting. That’s when we know we’ve been running on God’s energy and not on our own. Plus, there’s really nothing like feeling so powerful because of God’s awesome strength working in and through us. :) SO THANK YOU for this reminder. I will certainly be praying for you!! I am grateful for you, your ministry, and your obedience. :)

ajwilson412.blogspot.com

Please don’t ever feel bad if you need a break. In order to continue to pour into others, it is so important to refresh and refill your tank. We will still be here when you get back, and we’ll buy the book for sure. :) I will def. be praying for you – thanks for being so open and honest with us. Blessings, Lauren, lholmes79.wordpress.com

Courtney…

Your blog has lifted me up when I have needed. I want you to know that you can do this, and you know that God has got this!

Thanks for all you do for the benefit of others!!

6. Janis says

I replied to you on FB, but after I sent ‘rest in the Lord’…it hit me that HE too had a day of rest after he created everything!! You are supposed to rest … take more than 3 weeks! You deserve it and I’m quite sure you could use the break. <3

7. Patrice H. says

Hi Courtney!

I understand where you are coming from! This being my first year teaching at home and still in school for my Masters myself along with taking care of the family/home/extra curricular activities I am feeling worn down. Everyday I pray for strength and I will pray that God will continue to guide you and give you strength! Your book will be awesome as you are being led by God and of course with him in your corner it will be nothing but the best. Remember if “He” has given you a task then he will give you the strength to complete it. I have learned that God will never give us more than we can handle!
    God bless!

8. CarolFromMurphy says

Yes!! Yes I will pray for you beautiful Courtney! I’ve prayed many prayers of thanks for you and your ministry, will gladly lift you up every day for the next three weeks or however long you need!

Oh guys – I wish I could give you each individually a big hug and wet kiss lol!! Thank you SOOO much for your prayers- you have no idea how much it means. I’m fighting back tears as I type. You all inspire me to write. Thank you!!! ((hugs))

10. Liz says

I will lift you up in prayer. Sometimes God needs you to know it is Him enabling you to do the things you do, and wants you to lean on Him, and not on yourself. He loves you, and will see you through this.

11. Cara Gordon says

I am RELIEVED to be reading this!! I was just thinking to myself while doing dishes for the 100th time today, “How do these women do it all? Homeschool, church, blogs, books, videos, conventions, trainings, wife, mother, they still look beautiful and are so filled with joy?” Of course, I’m standing at the sink crying and mumbling to myself how I can’t do it all. I can’t take care of 4 pets (of which I only wanted 2 of them), grocery shop, cook, clean up, homeschool, shower, look pretty, exercise and take care of me AND still look and feel joyful!!! Thank you for the reminder and certainly will be praying for you specifically, PLEASE pray for ALL of us Mom’s who try to do TOO MUCH!!
    His GRACE IS SUFFICIENT!
    Cara

Cara – we just may have been standing at our sinks today at the very same time crying over the same thing lol! ((hugs)) and saying a prayer for you too tonight.

12. Jeanne says

Well, I for one am way too busy to pray for you so count me out!! :) Love your honesty and I will pray for you as God brings you to mind. You are doing amazing work and I am glad you aren’t quitting!

13. Beth M. says

I will be glad to keep you in my prayers! You are such an inspiration to me and many others; I don’t know how you do it! But it is thru God’s power we have t he strength to accomplish great things for His Glory in the end. I am in the same boat right now, so I’ll be taking a time out, too! Good luck with the editing process.

I will commit to praying for you dear sister in Christ! I struggle with pride too, especially in the needing help area (well actually in many areas) God has really shown me this lately (been painful to hear that from HIM, but it is growing me) I know God is going to use your book in a mighty way!

Angela

15. Sharon says

Will definitely be praying for you Courtney. My husband and I try to pray together each night, I will add you to the list of people we pray for. Thanks for asking for our prayers, it’s an honor to get to pray for you. Just prayed for you right now.

16. deborah says

I so understand all you are saying and not saying here. I found my self here about 3 plus years ago. Let me just encourage you that God is at work and when we are weak, He is so great. I have grown so much in these past 3 years and now know it is only by Him and through Him that all things are possible. He is faithful!!! He never calls you to do anything He doesnt give you the grace and gifts to complete. Saying a prayer for you, Courtney. Keep your eyes on Jesus….. Blessings to you and your family!

17. Tera says

Oh Courtney you do not know how God has just used you to minister to me. Although it is tough this is exactly what I needed to hear. I felt like you were pouring out my heart in this post. I admire your honesty. And you get a great big AMEN!!! So please rest in him!!! Love your blog!!! Will be praying for you!!!

18. Lisa M. says

Courtney – I commit to praying for you daily over the next three weeks. We share the same weakness. It is my honor to be on your prayer team. This Scripture came to mind, “Exodus 17:12 ~ When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up–one on one side, one on the other–so that his hands remained steady till sunset.” Happy to serve as an Aaron or Hur in prayer for you Courtney as you walk with the King. Much love as you are in time out!!!

In His Grace,

Lisa M.

19. Vicki W. says

You are in my prayers. You do so much for us by your wonderful blog, that now we can do something for you. You are my favorite blogger!

You bet I’m praying for you! And thank you for bringing it to us so we can lift you up in prayer – that’s what friends are for, even internet friends :) {Ok, we have actually talked in person, so we’re not just internet friends, but you know what I mean!} You take that time out and get some rest!

21. Katie says

A great reminder to us all. I just prayed for you and will continue to. May God sustain you with His grace and mercy. You have been and continue to be a strong influence in my life and marriage!

I have a small blog — minuscule in the blogging world. I am not writing a book, although I do homeschool and tutor CC Foundations. I have often wondered what kind of super woman you must be to do it all :)

This post you wrote reminds me we are all just children of God, still navigating our way through life, desiring to please Him in all aspects and learning to lean — still learning how to rest in His grace to accomplish the tasks He has given us to do.

And those He hasn’t given us — well, we can let those go.

For now, I pray that God would give you rest and a refilling. I pray He would give you grace and strength to accomplish more in less time. I pray that your writing and proofing will be inspired!

Blessings to you as you create margin :)

Courtney,
    I am a blogger but I gave up feeling the need to blog every day. I just blog when the Spirit moves me and I have something I really want or need to say. I don’t have a lot of followers and that’s okay. I think while you still have school age children at home you should focus on them and make them your priority. The blogging doesn’t need to be a priority. There can always be time for that later. I never wrote a word until I was 50 years old! Give yourself freedom, kindness and grace! :)

24. Krista Pettry says

Courtney,
    I am more than happy to pray for you, for peace, wisdom, discernment and guidance in the road ahead. You are a blessing to so many women and I am thankful for you and your obedience to the call that the Lord has placed on your life. I am covering you in prayer right now and hoping that many blessings are on their way to you very soon.

Sincerely,
    Krista Pettry

25. Stephanie says

Courtney, I too am a homeschooling mom and was feeling overwhelmed right before I read this post. Thank you for the reminder that it’s ok to take a time out. Thanks for all you do, I love your blog! I will be praying for you during the next 3 weeks. God Bless!

Courtney, I will pray for you! Sometimes, we have to take a step back and regroup! As an older woman, I’ve seen my fair share of “I can’t take it any longer”, but I realized I had to find my balance and sometimes just say “no” when we are stretched to our limits. It’s not giving up, but it’s knowing how much you can give in quality, not quantity. Thank you for being willing to admit that you are “maxed out” and ask for prayers.
    Blessings,
    Martha

Courtney, you are blessed to have such an awesome support in real life and here online :) For what it’s worth, I have been praying for you for weeks! God really placed you on my heart for reasons I don’t really know, leading me to begin to leave comments regularly (before I had read but not really left comments), and to pray for you and your ministry! That leads me to believe that even if YOU didn’t see this coming, He did, and He has been adding people to your prayer team, even while you weren’t :) Praying for His strength in your times of weakness!!! (PS–anyone would be overwhelmed! I think you probably wear it with more grace than I would!)

28. Jessie says

That is comforting to hear someone else in a similar situation, going through the SAME emotions! Your post Gives me a new way to cope, that I didn’t think of before, when that overwhelmed feeling happens again! I will be praying for you!

Yep, too much going on here! I feel for you. Nothing I can “quit” on either, so I am trying each day to give my all to what I can, and the rest gets a turn the next day (or so). God and my family get the firsts, the backyard rehab, tiger scouts, Bible Study and Sunday School get my seconds….I will certainly pray for you. Thank you for BLESSING us with all that you do!

30. Michelle says

I will be praying for you girl, thank you for finding time to even write this blog out…lol! You are so inspiring! Thanks for that scripture..I needed that one tonight too :) So looking forward to reading your book, can’t wait!!!

31. Kimmya says

Always praying for you girl!!! There is a time for everything under the sun and this is the time to step back and take a timeout..and thats totally understandable. The prov 31 woman didnt do all those amazing things at the same time…you know that already though;) Follow the Spirit’s leading and set your pride aside and you will reap God’s blessings of peace and joy…love you friend!!!! We have all been there..I feel this way pretty much everyday!!lol

Will do Courtney. I do kinda also include you … and all the ladies involved in the GMG’s sessions … in a blanket prayer most nights, but I will be sure to send up some specific prayers for you too! … I know what you mean about being at breaking point – I’ve had to make the very hard decision to step back from my uni for a few months to get my head back into gear, my health under control, do a proper decluttering & cleaning of our home (it’s gotten out of control of late!), and trying to refocus & align myself back towards God. Life does get busy … we all know that! Thankyou for being honest with us – and asking for prayer cover! Best Wishes over the next few weeks with everything you’ve got on your plate Courtney!

I will pray for you. You have been such an encouragement in my life over the last years, and if I can bless you in any small way, then I would be happy to :)

34. Staci Payne says

Lifting you up in prayer sweet Courtney! You are so inspiring…even when you take a break! What a great reminder to set our focus on Him when we are overwhelmed! Be still and know that He is God! Lots of love!

35. Angie R says

I’ll commit to praying for you Courtney. I was also convicted while reading this that there are several busy bloggers I read daily that I could be praying for, whether they ask or not, so I think I’ll be picking a day to do this regularly now.

Praying for you. Praying that God will encourage you and rejuvenate you, that He will carry you through the rough and tiresome days. God’s grace IS sufficient, and He will give us rest. So thankful that you’re a real person without radioactive spider-bitten superpowers. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family (and us) through your ministry and love for the Lord.

Gladly, dear sister in Christ. Consider it done. And if it makes you feel any better, I just finished writing out my coming week’s CC schedule/assignments for us. And now I’m tired after our first day of CC, a quick dinner, then 2 hours at the natatorium (3 of my children are competitive swimmers and/or in training ot be on the team). Praying for you as I head off to sleep.
    Blessings,
    Toni
    p.s. totally support your decision and need to back away from the blog for a time. I am reminded of the seasons God brings into our lives. We women can “have it all”, so to speak; just not necessarily all at the same time. Enjoy this season of writing. “See” you soon and YOU be blessed as you write.

Our life with Christ is a journey that is not always easy. Our commitment to truly be a Proverbs 31 woman can be overwhelming. Our deepest desire to minister to the one’s we love and care for can exhaust us. But, our faith in God is ever present. He is telling you (and in allowing you, in your heart, to remind us all) that it is time to rest. Recently the minister in my church talked about Sabbath, how God made each and every day and called them good. But the Sabbath he called sacred. That is how important it is to God that we rest. Psalm 23, “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    3 He restoreth my soul.” God asks all of us in our journey to take the time to rest, to restore ourselves. Take this time. I am praying for you Courtney

Heavenly Father, I lift up Courtney and I pray that you would pour your peace that surpasses all understanding, guard her heart Lord. Lord in these next weeks would you meet her right where she is at, would prepare her every steps. Go before her Lord, give her the endurance and your strength to do those things you have called her to do.
    And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (Galatians 6:9 NKJV)..Father I pray that you would encourage Courtney’s heart, multiply her every effort, that you would fill her to overflowing. Father, I thank you for her and so many people she has blessed and touched. Lord we all fall short, no one is perfect, Lord I do pray for your mercy and grace over her as well. Be the strength of her life Lord, will you be glorified and manifested in her. In the precious name of Jesus Christ I pray…Amen

I will continue to lift you up in prayer sis!

By His Grace,
    Adrienne

Hi Courtney! Count with my prayers! Thanks for everything you’re doing to encourage other women around the world to seek God! Don’t feel bad for your weakness, as 2 Corinthians 12:9 says: “My power works best in your weakness”, so this is a good time! :). God is working on your weakness! Thanks for everything, I really mean it! :).

Just want you to share you something personal. I’m single, that means “no worries yet” (husband, kids, home…) and even though I’m single and “young” (I’m 28), every time I read your blog and the one of the GMG team, and the one of Proverbs 31 Ministries, etc and see everything you married women do as wives, mothers, teachers (homeschooling) and everything, I got tired just by reading it! (lol!). All of you do amazing things! You serve your husband, family, friends, church, women around the world! And you can do it because of God strength! So don’t feel bad if you “miss” posting something. Remember we must look for our priorities and I’m sure this book your writing really worth it :).

I’ll be praying for you Courtney :).

¡Blessings!

Greetings from Mexico! :)

41. Charity Silvers says

Hi Courtney,
    I will gladly pray for you. I’ve been doing a study on contentment in the break between Proverbs 31 and Colossians. I’ve look at several passages that use the word content in the English language and then I did studies on the Greek words in the New Testament that are used in various passages and II Corinthians 12:9 & 10 is one the of the passages I’ve spent time on. I use the NASB so I realize other versions might be different, but the Greek is the original language. In II Corinthians starting in chapter 10, Paul discusses boasting and our boasting is only to be in the Lord as you mentioned in your blog. God’s grace is sufficient. The Greek word translated sufficient is used 8 times in the New Testament (# 714 in Strong’s Concordance) and it means “to be enough, to be satisfied.” So God’s grace is enough and we should be satisfied with it. What I found to be really neat is how verse 10 goes on to say, “I am well content with weaknesses.” That “well content” caught my eye because I’m studying contentment. That phrase is really one word in Greek (#2106 in Strong’s Concordance) and it is the same word that is used multiple times when God speaks of Jesus saying He is “well pleased ” with Jesus. So just like God is well pleased with Jesus, we are to be well pleased with our weaknesses! Doesn’t that give you a totally new concept of our weaknesses! I know I have a long way to go to have that attitude about my weaknesses but may we all strive to have that mind. Praying for you in the weeks ahead, Charity

42. Jodi Swirczek says

I will be praying for you, too! I feel just as you do almost every day, and it is only in Jesus’ strength that I prevail! I am so grateful for His Grace and love witnessing to others and being in prayer with my brothers and sisters in Christ. God bless you, Courtney, especially during this trying
    time. ;).

Thanks for being so open! Of course we’ll pray for you. And – don’t worry about the blog, we’ll all still be here when you’re able to come back. Don’t feel like you’re letting your readers down or anything, we can still read your archives!
    I went through burnout almost two years ago, and it took me about a year to recover. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, so please feel free to let go of something (i.e. this blog) so you can focus on your family and your book.
    God bless you!

44. Susan says

Dear Courtney,
    I love all your posts,vlogs and encouragement.
    I definitely appreciate the great time and  effort you need to do all these things and be the mother and wife you are.

May God’s love and truth bring clarity and purpose to your days. May His strength steady your steps. May His compassion open your eyes and may His conviction make your heart beat strong. May His Kingdom come and will be done mightily in and through you. And tonight, sleep well with sweet dreams, wake up each morning filled with the fruit of the spirit and refreshed in Him.

May his grace and mercy be multiplied to you, with peace surpassing all human understanding flooding your heart.

Sending hugs and prayers
    Susan
    Sent from my iPad

45. Ashley says

courtney,

Take the time you need , though I will miss your daily e-mail (with I love , love , love ), I understand needing the break for a little bit, sometimes a break is just what a person needs . I will be praying for you .

God Bless,

Ashley

46. Jen5253 Range says

I understand the feeling of being overwhelmed, and I’ll be praying for you to have strength, wisdom and balance in all your commitments! And I’ll be praying Phil. 4:13 for you! “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

47. Lisa says

I will most definately be praying….its funny how when I come to your blog, so often I read what I need to hear…so THANK YOU! I’m so proud of you for knowing what you need to you…and being able to admit you can’t do it all on your own…something so many of us try to do. That’s not how God intended it to be. I used to alwasy think that God never gave us more than we could handle …but then I had a frien of mine tell me that “Yes, God does give us more than we can handle so that we realize that we need HIM.” Remember we can do all things (ONLY THRU HIM) who gives us strenth.
    Prayers are on the way!
    Blessings.
    Lisa

Dearest Courtney, You have given so much of yourself to us, of course we will keep you in our prayers. As James 4:8 states ‘Draw close to God and he will draw close to you’ Continue to gather your strength from your family and your fatih so that you don’t lose sight of what is important. You keep your door closed and blinds shut for as long as you need. Take care and be safe … we will be right here awaiting your return. PS Also, I am not liking the ‘I quit’ attitude. Job didn’t quit, Moses didn’t say ‘you know guys this journey is going to be too tough why don’t we just not try’ , David didn’t say ‘I am not fighting that huge guy’ … remember 1 Corinthians 10:13 ‘But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for you to be able to endure it.’ Taking a momment to breath and assess isn’t weakness … how else can you quit your spirit so that you can hear God’s voice.

It is hard to admit sometimes that we can’t do it all. I have had to take a time out as well because I am so very overwhelmed and feel as though I may drown. I know that I can’t quit, though. My goals are too important.

Prayer is awesome. We all could use prayers. Blessings to you in the book writing.

God bless you! You are amazing and the Lord is with you always! Keep doing what you’re doing, and take a break when you need it. Praying for you to have peace during this time away and that you are able to manage it all. I’m excited about your book! HANG IN THERE! Jesus loves you!

Courtney, I will defintely keep you in my prayers. I also know how it feels to feel overwhelmed. It is not easy juggling so many hats as a woman. But with gods grace, he will not put more on you than you can handle. I remember the day I woke up and told my husband , I can’t do it anymore. Something had to change.I am so glad God does not gi ve up on us. You can do it!!stay strong and prayed up. You will make it through. Good luck with your new book.

52. Alison says

Praying for you from across the seas in Australia. I feel a little maxed out myself right now. It is good to know God is bigger than that.

53. Dalene says

I needed this. We just took over a new ministry and I am overwhelmed!! I homeschool 5 kids, have bills at home to take care of, things at church to help with, supporting my husband as he preaches, groceries and meals, the list goes on and on as many of you know! I can’t do it all. I will not quit either!

54. Jennifer says

Courtney,

Here I am up at 3:30 trying to fold laundry because like you, my schedule is overwhelming during this season. I read your commentary and was blessed. It’s just what I needed to remember at this moment of time. When I am weak, He is my strength…wasn’t I just teaching my children yesterday that we reflect the light of Christ? I don’t understand how He does it through my weaknesses but I will trust Him based on His word. Thank you and I will be praying for you during this month as you balance life! Sometimes when I am at physical, emotional lows I listen to Hillsongs “worthy is the lamb” on youtube. There’s nothing like worshiping Him (during a time out) that can ease the stress of the day :) personal worship (being in His presence) can transform your perspective and give you clarity when you feel like you don’t have it. Hugs to you.

Lord Jesus, hold my sister Courtney close to yourself today and still her heart to hear your voice. Hold her in your arms and flood her with your peace. Bless her for her obedience in doing these things for you and also for her realisation that she is strong in her weakness. Help her to lean on you, to allow you to give her words for her book and to trust you to show her the difference between the important and the urgent. Rain down blessings on her family and friends. And please, Lord, make time sort of magically elastic so that she can get all these things done while still finding stillness and rest to sit at your feet. Amen.
    Standing with you. Lots of love.

56. Karla H. says

I will gladly lift you up in the coming weeks! I struggle with the same thing. Not wanting to bother others with my ‘stuff’ but through the adventure of breast cancer this year I’ve seen the truth of those words from 2 Corinthians 12:9 in my own life this spring/summer. His grace IS sufficient and His power IS perfect for every one of us. Michelle Duggar made another comment that spoke volumes to me when I heard her speak at Hearts at Home this year. “Do not forget in the darkness what you know to be true in the light.” So take that time out from the chaos or confusion or fatigue and cling to the light for awhile!! I’ll be praying.

57. Mrs. Bennett says

You are such a sweet lady! Who of us has not felt the same? Thanks for being open about how you feel. I hope this is a time of refreshment for you in some way even though you will be working hard on the book.

I would love to pray for you also, Ive often looked at you like super woman but it’s so true. We can not do it all without his help. Your honesty is very inspiring! Praying for you as you work on your book and keep your family the number one priority.

59. Steffanie says

Courtney, I just said a prayer for you. I have tendencies just like you to think I can live the Christian life on my own strength and do it all. But come every morning when the alarm goes off I am reminded that I am tired and need God’s help and strength. He will carry you through. You are doing a wonderful job on the blog, but hey, it’s definitely OK to take a break! Take it, and enjoy it while you are proofreading :) I can’t wait for the book to come out! You will know I will be buying a copy.

60. Lori says

I just wanted to let you know that I’m praying for you! I’ve been there before where I’ve taken on too much in my life (which were all good things) and had to scale back to be efficient in the things I was doing. My kids for Sunday School are learning a verse right now so I thought I’d share it with you. It comes from Colossians 3:23-24 and says “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” I learned that when you have too many things (even when they are all good things to do) it can be very hard not to get mediocre with a few of them and not be giving your all for Christ. I pray God continues to use you as an encouragement to those around you as He perfects Himself in you. I pray for comfort in knowing you’ve made the right decision and for discernment for you to hear His still soft voice as He continues to lead and guide You through everyday! I pray for His many blessings to be poured out on you daily, for homeschooling to go well and for time to finish proof reading your book. I pray God will give you balance as you continue on these many responsibilities daily. Thank you for your blog and thank you for listening to the Lord and giving a good example on how we need Him to be in control every moment of every day. May God bless you!
    Love in Christ,
    Lori

Courtney,

I am praying right now & will continue to pray for you over the next several weeks as you finish your manuscript and take care of your family.

Dear Lord,

You are a might, powerful God. Your strength is sufficient to supply all of our needs. You carry us when we are weak. You give Grace when we mess up. You are our Calming Presence when life is chaotic. Thank you Lord that You have placed this calling on Courtney’s life. Thank you that you have opened doors of ministry for her on her blog, in bible study, writing a book, while homeschooling her kids, taking care of the home & being a wife. I ask that you give Courtney the strength and endurance she needs to make it through these last few weeks of editing. I pray that when she lays her head down after a long day of teaching, writing, editing, cooking, cleaning, being a wife & mother that You will calm her spirit & mind. I pray that her nights will be restful and uninterrupted. I pray that she will wake up the next morning rejuvenated and ready to follow you where ever you lead. May she remember to exchange “whispers with you each morning before exchanging shouts with the world” so that she can faithfully follow you in your plan each day.

In your name I pray,
    Mary

I wanted to let you know I will be praying for you and your family. Your blog is a blessing to me and I know to so many other women and we thank you for sharing your time with us.
    I don’t post much but I felt I needed to let you know your not alone:) We all have felt the stress of life, I am today as we just had our 8th little one 1 wek ago. With schooling and everyday life as a wife and mother how will we get all done, by GODS grace and love!

Praying you and all of us that are in need of balance continue to find it daily as we walk with the one who can carry it all Jesus Christ!

Blessings,
    Pamela

63. Sandy says

Courtney I have prayed for you this morning. Praising God for showing you your limits. Thank you for all you do in encouraging so many of us.

64. Kim A. says

Thank you for this! I”m in a similar spot—thinking I don’t want to burden others with my need for prayer. There’s so much going on in our church, our house, our extended family, crisis with friends, the back-to-school scene, I started a new job, now we travel out of state for a funeral….it’s been so overwhelming (I even had to stop reading your blog!! But the title “I’m Maxed Out” in my email grabbed me!)
    I SO NEEDED THIS POST!
    God continues to speak to me, “Hush, I’m in control. TRUST ME.”
    ♥Kim A.

65. Reagan says

Hi Courtney! You & I so much alike! This is the scripture that came to mind as I was reading this post….it’s one I have to quote far too often to myself:

Are you going to continue in this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren’t smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you supposed you could perfect it. ~Galatians 3:3 (MSG)

Praying that God perfects what he has begun in your life. Praises that you have done what He is calling you to at this moment!

Courtney,
    Praying for you as your deadline approaches. I think we have all been there and felt that overwhelming feeling of drowning with all the responsibilities of life. God is there to meet our needs and often, for me, I have this feeling because I am trying to do it all in my own strength or my priorities are out of balance. Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us on your blog. God wants us to be still and listen to that still small voice. Hugs

67. Lyn says

Courtney~I just unofficially enrolled as a member of your prayer team. : ) I will pray for you, Dear Sister. You can’t do it all alone, you were never meant to. The time you have spent blessing ladies that you may never meet has been priceless for us…but there is a season for everything. Listening to the Lord on this is wise. Be blessed as you enter a season of retreat, rest and reflection. You are being prayed over! ~Lyn

68. Tina says

Praying for you and your family! Praying for supernatural abilites, provision & protection! Praying for Grace! God will sustain you! The blessings from this that He will heap on you will take your breath away!!! In the natural – I offer any proofreading help you may need! I live in North Canton, have some experience in that and have time available….just in case you need another set of eyes to muddle through the rough draft! Proud of you for asking for help! =0)

69. Doris says

Sweet Courtney, I will be lifting you up in prayer daily for sweet rest from Christ. Remember in Matt. 11:28-30 that Jesus promises us rest if we come to Him when we are weary! Like you for the past few months I have been weary, weak and torn, and still am. I have been going back and forth to the doctors for tests and exams because they are trying to figure out why I am having so much pain in my joints and body. I have my complete faith and trust in the Lord that they will eventually ( lol) find out what’s wrong, but in the meantime I believe the Lord is teaching me to take rest in Him. I would ask that you lift me up in your prayers as well! Love you sweet sister in Christ. 2Corinthians 12:9

Dear Courtney, I will be praying for you! It is a honor to pray for one of our sisters in Christ. I too know what it is to be weak and need the strength of Christ to get me through the hard times. We all feel like giving up at times but need to depend on the Lord. I know that that is where He wants us!! Depending on Him so His strength shines through us!! All the Glory to Him! Thanks for all that you do. God inspires us through your words!
    Love you!!

Lord bless Courtney and all the women who read this blog. Allow us all to prioritize better. Strengthen us to serve you and follow your plan for our life.

Allow Courtney to have new eyes as she re-reads her manuscript. Call to her attention anything that should be changed or re-worded. May your truth shine in this book and may it be a blessing to millions of women.

Lord bless us all so that we may be your blessing, enable us to serve you.

72. Michelle says

Dear Courtney,
    Thank you for your faithfulness and obedience. We are so blessed by your ministry.
    “The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
        He delights in every detail of their lives.
    24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
        for the Lord holds them by the hand.” Psalm 37:23-24
    The Lord is directing your steps and you are being obedient. He delights in all the details of your life…He knows all that you have going on and He will be holding your hand so that you will not fall. I pray that you will feel His mighty presence in the weeks ahead and that you will feel His perfect peace.
    “3 You will keep in perfect peace(A)
        him whose mind is steadfast,
        because he trusts(B) in you.” Isaiah 26:3
    So glad that you are walking with our King and sharing your journey with us!

73. Carrie Hoot says

Praying for you? Deep breaths, good coffee, fresh fall air—you can do this girl! When you get overwhelmed, sit at Jesus’ feet for awhile. Give this to Him and don’t take it back to do by yourself. I will be praying fervently for you! Xx

74. Alisha says

Oh Courtney! I too have been taken back to 2 Corinthians over the last 2 weeks. Praise God His grace is sufficient! I too, will be praying for you! We love you and are grateful for your service to the Lord becauae it is such a huge blessing! While you are away we will continue to pray for you and walk with the King!

I’ve been a long-time reader, but never commented before. A wise woman knows when to step back. I am encouraged to know that you are surrendering to the whisper that says “come rest in Me.”. I will pray that this time is well-used by the Lord through you for refreshment and His Kingdom building!

76. KathyMills says

Sweet Courtney

God will use your weakness and honesty to help all the other moms out there. I too will be lifting you up in prayer….We can’t do it all,,,But God Can…Blessings,,,Kathy

77. Coleen says

I pray for a refreshing of your creative juices even now as you take a “time out” to be still in His presence. I declare that this book will be from the heart of the King and that lives will be transformed and renewed as you allow the Holy Spirit to write with you.

His grace is sufficient. Take rest in Him!!!

78. Denise says

WLW has been a blessing to me. I will pray for you every week on Tuesday and will especially lift you up before our Heavenly Father these next three weeks.

I cannot thank you enough for this… I have said over and over a lot lately that I “quit”. But you really don’t have the choice as a mom to four. I have thought many times that everyone would be much better without me. But then I reminded God doesn’t make mistakes. He allowed my babies to grow in my body for me to teach about His love… Not someone else. So picking myself up and with new resolve and the prayers of “forgive me, help me”, face each new moment. I am so thankful that I have a loving Father to turn to and knows my weaknesses.
    Thankful for women like you that share your heart and what God has blessed you with. Prayers for productive “Time Outs” for you!

courtney …i just started getting into eading bloggs and things i myself have had a rough time , i love your page , im a mom trying to learn about the lord for the first time , trying to mold myself into the mom and wife i want to be …..ur an inspiration i to will pray for you good luck

81. Tammy says

Dear Courtney,

I have already started praying for you, and I will continue to do so. You have been a true blessing to me and to so many others. I was thinking back to when I had my babies, and I bet you can relate to this. You know how through labor the contractions are uncomfortable and they vary in intensity and duration? You can handle it, but it’s not easy. THEN…you are in TRANSITION. This is where it gets serious! The pain doesn’t relent, it gets worse and you begin to doubt that you can make it through. You may even beg for a way out, thinking “I don’t want to do this anymore, it’s too much!”…this is the time just before delivery. Just when it all looks like too much, we deliver this beautiful gift fresh from heaven. As we look at the precious face and hold the tiny, perfect little baby, we forget about the pain. What pain? We would do it all again…and we do.

82. Tamara Simmons says

Courtney, we appreciate your ministry to us, but we also understand that it has to take a back seat at this time. I will lift you up, cover you and bathe you in prayers these next weeks. Walk in His strength and in His power and you will accomplish all that He purposes for you to do.

Tamara Simmons

83. Kristin King says

Courtney – I will be praying for you and your family in the coming weeks. May God give you the strength and endurance that you need to get through this time as you have much going on in your life and you are right – you cannot do it all. Thank you for all that you do and I thank God often for your ministry and your partners in ministry (I also am a GMG leader and love how it has taken my faith to a much deeper level).

84. Melissa says

Take this time to gather yourself and your strength. Know we will be praying and looking forward to your return!
    Blessings,

Courtney,
    I prayed for you this morning and will continue to do so. You have gained even more respect from me, by being honest and REAL.
    I pray God will give you the words you need, the rest you need, the peace you need, and the strength (in HIM) to complete the task HE has called you to.
    “HE who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.”

We’ll be here when you get back:):):)

Blessings,
    Debbie

86. Nichole H says

I appreciate all you do! I look forward to every post, your blog has helped strengthen my faith immensely! You’ve got my prayers now and always! I can’t wait to buy your book!! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, is often muttered in my own head lately :) We can do this! God Bless!

87. Dionne says

Hi Courtmey! I don´t have a blog and I´m not writing a book, but I definitely relate to your post! I am praying for you and look forward to hearing how you see God´s hand at work in your life in the next few weeks. Hugs, Dionne

88. Cheryl says

Good luck with all you are working on for the Lord. I have just loved everything I have seen thus far as a follower of your blog. I pray the Lord let’s you feel His hand on you so that you may feel calm and comforted in this stressful time.

89. Brandi says

You’ve been added to my prayer’s Courtney! Wishing you smoother days, a clear mind, restful nights and many blessings. God Bless!

I will absolutely be praying for you!! I too, have been feeling the pull from God to write a book. Only I haven’t a clue as to where to begin, except by writing! I will trust in Him and His mighty hand to lead the way and bring those to my path that need to be there. I have no editor or publisher, but I know if this is His will, it will happen!! I am praying God’s strength, wisdom and guidance in your life, as you draw near to Him to allow His abundant blessings to flow over and through you!!
    In Christ,
    Deanna Clardy

This was exactly what I needed to hear today. I’ve been feeling the same way lately, I know what scripture will be on my heart always. Praying for you to find perfect peace and that God’s strength will shine through! Blessings! :)

92. Katherine says

Praying for you as the Lord continues to use you to bless others!
    “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” -Gal. 6:9

93. Cristi says

I believe knowing our strengths and weaknesses is only half of the experience. The other half is learning what to do with them and how to ask for help with them. You have shown strength in many ways by asking for prayers. You have been added to my list and I have faith in you and the Lord that all will be right over the next few weeks. Thank you for the work you do in sharing with us in your blog. It helps me to stay humble and keep my head out of the clouds each day.

94. Leah says

I will be praying for you too Courtney. You are such a blessing to so many…especially with a post like this. We all struggle.

95. Grace Sims says

I’ll continue to pray for you! You change so many lives. I look forward to your blog and bible studies. You are going to be able to do all the God has called you to do. A few things that get me through when I’m ready to quit:
    “For I am the Lord, your god, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13
    “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

God bless you, Courtney! And, thank you for all you do!

I am most definitely praying for you because I KNOW that it is tough. I may not have a large following like you or other bloggers but I am growing and I used to feel guilty if I didn’t get my posts up or update my Facebook page for my readers. But God reminded me, He gave me my children for a short time and I need to make them a priority over my web presence. I love sharing with my readers but my family will come first. No amount of “fame” can replace the time I get with them. Thank you for sharing your heart with us always but we DO understand if you can’t get on here everyday.

97. Emily says

Sweet Courtney, I am “CONFIDENT of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6) The Lord has certainly begun these good works in you and he will certainly see them through to completion. “And this is my prayer, that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11.

98. Rachael says

You have got this girl! In the bag! If He has called you to it, you can do it. Hang in there for the season where you are seeing more fruits from you labor. So proud of all you do. :O)

Oh golly I hear ya sister. I am so overwhelmed right now with all that needs to be done, but just spinning my wheels in procrastination because I’m so in over my head. Your vulnerability encouraged me today, more than you can ever know. Thank you! I will keep you in my prayers. xoxox

Of course I will pray for you. We all struggle with balance, and you are doing the right thing by taking a bit of a time out. I asked for a verse for you and Philippians 4:13 popped into my head “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”. I hope it encourages you; it always does me!

Your book will be wonderful, and it is going to help so many in their walk with Christ.

I will be praying for you.
    Every day, I want to quit. And I’m not trying to write a book. You’re doin awesome!! Just follow Christ. He will get you to the end. Good luck on the book. I will be looking forward to reading it!!

-KristyLaird

102. april says

I just wanted to tell you I just prayed for you and will continue! May God show you his grace and be your strength to continue on!

103. Michelle T. says

There is nothing sweeter than knowing that you’re not alone. You’ll never be alone as long as you continue to touch lives as you do. We will pray. Pray for strength and peace. Thank you for sharing this struggle with us. It makes you sound more human and in that way we can relate to that. God Bless you Courtney and always “Walk with the KING” :)

104. MichelleH says

I’m praying for you, Courtney. Yay you for having the courage to ask for help. I personally think that takes more guts than trying to get through alone. WHY do we feel it’s so hard to admit? Anyway, I’m praying peace, strength, stamina for you.

105. Jenny says

May God bless you and He will keep you. We all are weak and human, when our back is against the wall and we cry out to our Father. THATS WHEN GOD PULLS US CLOSE AND SAYS “I’M HERE MY CHILD, I WILL HELP YOU THROUGH THIS” He is mearly pruning the dead twigs from you so you can produce more fruit. YOUR GROWING IN THE LORD CORTNEY! : D Your book will be wonderful! Prayers and blessing to you.

106. Lindsay says

Hi Courtney!
    As you can see by all the comments before me, you are definitely being covered in prayer! We all have times when we need to take a Time Out and that’s OK!!! It’s better to take a step back then to try and do it all and suffer – emotionally, physically and spiritually. We ALL understand, so please don’t feel as if you are weak. With God and the prayers being said for you, you’ll be feeling stronger than ever very soon. Take Care of yourself!

107. Dessi B. says

Dear Courtney,
    May the Lord Jesus bless you with heavenly wisdom and favor, may His face shine upon you and give you peace that passes all human understanding. May you know and feel His presence and guiding each and every time doubt and despair come to attack you. You are a daughter of The Most High King; you can do all things through Him who gives you strength. May the Lord cover your children, husband, extended family and friends with the protection of His precious blood. I pray that you continue to discern wisely among the many things that come at you begging for attention. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

I hope the words that God spoke to Joshua right before crossing the Jordan River with the Israelites will give you hope and strength. He also was face to face with a new chapter and new beginning in his life. “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:8-9

In Christ,
    Dessi B.

• crystal says

Even Jesus went up on the mountain to be alone and pray. Humbled are we to be your closest of friends to hear you need our prayers! sometimes giving of yourselves to other in that area is a blessing to them. Much love and prayers being sent up. you can all things through christ who strengthens you! <3

108. Magela says

I will be praying for you. Just hold on to Jesus, and he will carry you through all this time, and He will continue to use you to be a blessing to many and bring glory to His name.

Literally stopped right after you’re asking for prayer and prayed for you. I’ve prayed for wisdom and for you not to feel overwhelmed. I prayed that you would manage your time well, so that you can fulfill your first priorities – to God and your family – and then secondly, to the book. I thanked God for your influence in my life and I told Him that I’m excited to see what He does in the hearts of women through your book!

You may not have know this, but you already have a prayer team: those of us who read your blog and pray for you whenever we read a blog post.

Wow! For some reason this post went into my SPAM box and I just got it! Wow! I was literally just saying that I can’t do it all (homeschool the kids, keep the house, work in ministry, write, get my business going and help my husband re-establish his, spend time with the kids (15, 13 and 5!) and strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman! Reading your post opened the flood gates of tears that I was trying to hold back!

It can be overwhelming at times. I wonder sometimes how do you guys do it and still look great, but I’m reminded that it’s not you, but by God’s grace. I know that it’s in Him that you move, not by your own might, because we in and of ourselve would quit!

It’s important that we don’t fall victim to the feelings of feeling like a failure when we don’t feel like we can do it all! It’s a sign that we need that Time Out that you’re taking. I realize (umm, like right now) that what I’m feeling is a result of me trying to do it in and of myself instead of giving it ALL to him and knowing that it’s ok to need some time to rest, regroup, rethink, rejuvenate and then return to what we were doing.

Courtney, I’ve only recently discovered your Amazing ministry through the Proverbs 31 study and have been so inspired. I will be praying for you my dear! In fact, after I was done snottin’ all over the place while reading your post, I began to intercede for you immediately! I began to sing I Surrender All and it brought me such peace (I’m no longer typing through water-filled eyes)! In this moment (the moment when I wanted to quit or try to control the outcome: you know…not wanting to have lesson plans incomplete, laundry undone, time not spent, hair not done, blah, blah, blah) I’m reminded of my mother’s words about a month before she passed, “I”m tired, but I won’t quit!”

Courtney, it’s not ok for us to quit, but it is ok for us to surrender to God’s will and His ways! Which might mean that we have to pull back sometimes and REST! We will have those feelings of wanting to quit or not continue forth in a task, especially if it’s a great one (like being a Proverbs 31 woman..). I think those (THESE) moments are to remind us that we can’t do this on our own! I remember being led to say to my mom, “It’s not ok for you to quit, but it is ok for you to surrender to God’s will.”

That’s not always easy, because that surrendering usually means that we have to let go of something that we’re holding on to and totally trust Him! Which is what He wants us to do anyway!

Thank you so much for being an open book! As you can see you are blessing so many of us! I will be calling your name in prayer and thanking God ahead of time for your book and the many lives that will be changed through it! I pray that God continues to strengthen you physically and spiritually and that new revelation and insight will be poured into you over these next 3 weeks! I pray that every appliance in your home will work properly and that every system of order you have established in your home will work cohesively. I pray that every vision God has given you and your husband will begin to come to pass and that the provisions will meet you on your path of purpose. I declare and decree that no weapon formed against you shall prosper, not even in your mind! I pray that whatever amount of sleep you get is sufficient (let 3 hours feel like 6 to your body)!! I pray that God replenishes your time! In Jesus’ mighty name!

Blessings and FAITH!

Genyne, Your Sister In Christ who is “not quitting” with you, but is taking a Time Out too!

111. Cathy Karpinen says

We’ve all been there, this too shall pass. Certainly you have to prioritize at times to accomplish the goals the Lord has called you to and you will accomplish them through the strength He provides; because it is His plan and you are His obedient servant. I am lifting you in prayer today.

112. Catherine Oakley says

Sweet sister I am praying for you. God has an amazing way of humbling us when we least expect it. Trust in Him, lean into Him and rest in Him. He will give you all you need. Your obedience to Him allows you to bless women everywhere, now allow Him to bless you and refresh you.

113. Sarah says

Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessing Courtney has been to my life and consequently my family’s. I pray you would remind her often to take those qiets moments to pray and rest in you. Lord, fill her with the peace that surpasses all understanding which is hers in Christ. :)

114. Julie says

After all the mornings your words have lifted me up, strengthened me, and drawn me closer to Jesus, OF COURSE I would love to cover you in prayer. “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16 Much love to you…and by the way with one child in essentials and the other three in foundations I TOTALLY GET THE NEED for a break! Stay strong girl!

115. Judy from Clarks Hill says

Wonderful discernment, Courtney. Prayers abound for your continued focus and strength as you finish your project. You have brightened and enlightened many a day for me and my family. But do remember to take time to pray for yourself. Our God is always with us and ready for quiet time together.

116. Shauna says

Thank you for being so candid about your struggles, even though it may seem like a weak thing to do. You are an amazing woman of God and an inspiration to MANY women. I will be praying for you in the weeks to come!

117. Lyndsay says

I was just walking through my kitchen thinking how in the world am I going to do everything! Thanks for the reminder that we all are guided by God’s wonderful grace!
    I will be praying for you!

118. Maria W. says

I read this blog entry and thought, “All flesh is Grass!” So, my prayer for you today is that you will surrender everything that is of your own making and God will give you wisdom and His inspiration and creativity and the book He has asked you to write, for His purposes and for Him to be glorified, will come together well and be a blessing to many people across the world. Blessings as you rest in Him! Thanks for all you do to minister the truth about God to women. I will be praying for you, too!

119. Sheila says

This post makes me admire you even more Courtney! Just your honesty and humbleness. I will definitely be praying for you during this season!! Thank you for all that you do for us, you are truly a God send! It is because of your blog (not even sure how I found it) that I am now even more connected to God through daily devotions, prayer, and even through the way I serve my family (or try) :) We are all works in progress. Even though I don’t know you in person, you are such a great friend to me! I wish you the best with your book and everything else!

God bless,
    Sheila

120. Barb says

Courtney,

I have just started following you and you’re leaving?! :) Rest in Him! We will be lifting you up as you have many of us everyday!

Blessings!

I know what it is like sis so I will be praying for you and on your behalf. I appreciate your honesty in that we cant do it all and to pretend we can is hard for others whom feel they must keep up. We are ALL weak in need greatly of our savior. I have 7 children and know what it’s like to try to balance home ,church , friends, family, my time, and so on with blogging and ministering to others and I too am working on a book and that in and of it self takes everything out of you!!! God Bless you!!!

Cindy B.

122. Nicole N. says

I can’t tell you how happy I was to read this today. I enjoyed your blog when I first started reading it. Then, there came a point that it was making me feel bad about myself. You are beautiful, smart, dedicated, and the list goes on and on. I had to stop reading many of your posts because they were making me feel like such a failure as a wife and mom. I’m not sure what made me read the post today, but I am so thankful that I did. I hope this doesn’t sound horrible, but I am just, well, I guess relieved would be the right word, to know that you have struggles too. Can I encourage you to share your struggles more often? Oh, and I’d be happy to say a little prayer too. :)

You are in my prayers! My head has been spinnning with all that needs to be done/hasn’t been done since I started a temporary full-time position. Three 12 hour shifts in a week may not sound like a lot, but I am exhausted. Whem my head spins I stop take a deep breath and pray about how grateful I am for all that I have. Hope this helps!

Amen. Praise God. Take your time out. Greater things come when we realize our own weakness and our great need for Christ… even in the smallest, and biggest things in life. I am going to be praying for you. I enjoy your ministry, and to be honest, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Abba Father, today I bring you Courtney. Lord, what a sweet sister in Christ, I know you smile when you think on her. Lord, today, I pray you continue to bless her ministry – first to her home, her husband and children. Lord help her keep her priorities to be focused on you and allow everything else to run through that priority. Give her clarity in her writing, and discernment as she reads your Word, where she will find the strength she needs during this time. We love you Lord and praise you in advance for what we know you are going to do, and ask that you get all the Glory! We are so in awe and in love with you, Almighty God. In your Perfect Son’s name, AMEN

125. Samantha says

wow girl! Look what happens when you ask Jesus girls to show up…they really do! So I add to this list, my prayers for you, that you’ll be on my mind, in my heart and held up in prayer. I especially pray He brings you times of refreshing. Feel the breezes and know He makes them and with them that special refreshing we all need.

126. Dorothy says

Dear Lord, I lift up Courtney to you right now, that you will place your peace in her spirit and show her your plans for each moment of this day. I ask that you will cover her with your peace and give her wisdom to make godly decisions in light of your plan for her. Dear Father, please bless her immensely, more than she could ever ask or think, and give her a productive day and a day filled with love. In the name of Yeshua, I pray, Amen.

127. DeeROKC says

Dear Precious Sister – most definitely lifting you in prayer. The book you and God are writing will be awesome! Admire your sincere honesty in admiting a weakness – oh how that can hurt to admit, but oh the blessings when your sisters and brothers in Christ come to your aid. See you in October!

128. Patricia says

Sweet Mother Mary, I ask you to bless Courtney through this stressful time.
    Mother Mary, you are a woman, a mother, a wife, you understand all the stress, desires of her heart, and time constraints she is under. Oh Mother of our Lord Jesus, take our prayers to your Son, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
    For Courtney, I pray:
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with You.
    Blessed are You among women and Blessed is the Fruit of your womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, now, and a the hour of our death.
    Amen.
    We love you sweet Mother, pour your graces and blessings on all women!

129. Mandy says

Said a prayer for you and that you would (when the stress relaxes some probably… :) know the joy of being led by the Holy Spirit into a place where He is allowing you yet again to walk out another truth from His word….that He is your strength in weakness!! How can you know this part of His character if you are never weak? It is His loving -kindness that has allowed you to realize this and I pray you find peace and grace that passes your comprehension, relaxes the stress in your shoulders and releases the tension from your eyes ;)

Dear Lord, I lift up my sister Courtney to you right now! May your power carry her through times of weakness and may your strength revive her. Cover her Lord and protect her against the lies of the enemy. She is loved and she is yours! May your will be done in her life in Jesus name AMEN!

131. Amanda Cross says

Hi Courtney! I sympathize with you sister. I understand the maxed out feeling. I know that you are in Ohio and I live in Arkansas, but if there is any way that I can help out, in addition to praying, let me know. I would love to help. :O)

132. Carla says

You are right, you can’t do it all. The Lord is not pleased when we are overwhelmed.
    Remember what is most important, biblical and of eternal value!
    I am praying for you!
    Carla <

Thank you does not seem like enough to say for all of these prayers. Thank you – I am overwhelmed and blessed and encouraged and comforted and just so grateful for you all and your uplifting words and prayers. Thank you so sincerely much.
    Lots of Love,

Praying for you!! I feel like this often. I will miss your daily blog entries but will still continue to follow the Monday series. You are a strong woman of Christ and he will get you through :) Have a restful 3 weeks darling and I trust that God will get you back into being the super Courtney I have been following! Sending prayers and love your way!

135. kathleen says

Wow! How awesome you are for admitting you need help. I struggle with the same problem and need to speak up more. You give me courage! I will pray for you and your book will be great. I can’t wait to read it. Take the time you need I’m sure everyone will agree we will be waiting for your message when you are ready. God bless you!

Courtney,
    I always look forward to your emails in my inbox as I enjoy your grounded thouhgts and I will be praying for you and your writings. Myay your book thouch those that need it the most and may you receive the blessings that you have shared with all of us that you blog with.
    Prayers
    Robin

137. Rhona says

Dearest Courtney ,
    All you had to do my lovely was to ask! You give us SO much it’s an honour to feel we can give something back.
    Love and prayers all the way from the UK xxx

Sweet Courtney…how I love your transparency! Yes, so many of us know exactly how you feel and we aren’t writing a book too! I’m honoured to pray for you…hang in there!

My love and my prayers are sent to you across the miles dear sister. Praying God’s strength is crystal clear in your days. That you wouldn’t be able to miss the power He displays in you these next few weeks! Love ya girly!

140. Kelly says

Many people will be praying for you. Now, stop reading our comments, you don’t have time for that right now !!!!! ha ha.

O, Courtney, I had an “I Quit” day (and week, for that matter) today. I was praying for God to give me a Word and He did through this post. Thank you! I’m praying for you!

142. Linnette says

as I read your post today, I too was at that point. I will gladly join all the other ladies praying for you and and for all of us moms that just get to that point. Help us heavenly Father to reach out to our friends who will all gladly pray for us. God Bless!!

I will pray for you for sue. We must constantly shuffle our lives around. People forget that putting something on hold doesn’t mean failure and done forever with it.

PS. totally cool you met Michelle Duggar!

144. Julie says

Lord I lift to you this very special lady, You know all about her and her needs at this time. Let Your favor fall on her in a mighty way. Bless her with refreshing sleep, all the energy she needs, and surround her in Your wonderful loving arms in Jesus we pray xx

145. Carissa Huffman says

Lord, we lift Courtney up to You right now. You have given all these opportunities to bless others, but she cannot pour from an empty pitcher. Please fill her to overflowing with Your peace and wisdom. We look forward to the days when she can bless us again soon.

In Jesus’ Precious Name
    AMEN

Carissa in eastern Iowa

146. Toni says

It looks as though you have a prayer team right here, Courtney! :) You will (if you haven’t already) feel the burden lifting off your shoulders and onto His. He is faithful. Thanks for your courage. You will be in my prayers.

147. Kelly K. says

Praying for you dear Courtney! Hang in there and good luck finishing your book! I can’t WAIT to get a copy and if you do a book signing in your area, since I’m not that far away, I will TOTALLY come to meet you and get a signed copy!!

Praying for ya! You have blessed so many women with this ministry and have definitely been a blessing to me. Don’t feel bad about your weakness’ as they only bring more glory to our King! As your sign off say’s WALK WITH THE KING! His grace is sufficient for us- day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, even second by second if that’s what we need. I pray for rest, some relaxation, peace, family time, and rejuvenation for you during this time out. God bless!

I can so relate, Courtney! It is hard to ask for help.
    But you are human….and LOVED! You will be prayed for mightily by so many of us over the next few weeks…and beyond!
    Take care of yourself, commune with God, be there for your family. Don’t worry about us–we’re fine! :)

You know its ironic,I was just thinking yesterday after seeing one of your fb updates about how well you seem to have it all together. I falsely was thinking things about your”perfect” life and feeling sorry for myself for not feeling like I can get it all done too. And then today you post about needing a time out. Thank you! :) For being real and heeding to the holy spirits leading about not being able to do it all, and destroying that perception that you can, at least for me. I will be praying for you Cortni! God bless you and good luck with your book.

Good.for.you. Sometimes, we just need to take a step back while prayerfully discerning what is (and is not) necessary in our lives. Sometimes, as Ann Voskamp says, we need to prune fruitful activities to make room for future blossoms. Take all the time you need!

152. Miranda says

I am praying for you! Thank you for your ministry and for sharing your heart. For me one of the hardest things to do is say no to something–it takes courage and strength just to do what you are doing right now…taking a step back and saying “no” to this to say “yes” to something else that is pressing. And I pray that when this season of busyness and deadlines is over that you will find rest—Psalm 23…that you will allow the Lord, your shepherd to make you lie down in green pastures and lead you beside quiet waters and restore your soul!! Matthew 11:28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Joining in with these beautiful ladies and lifting you up in prayer. I think we can all relate to that feeling at various times in our lives – I know I can! Life can get overwhelming if we try to do it all on our own. Trust in God’s timing and perfect plan to see you through this time! Blessings ~Sue

Wow! You have quite a load on your shoulders! I pray the Lord will give you His peace and that you will have time to rest here and there! :) What an exciting time for you! :)

155. Brooke says

Prayers for you Courtney :)
    Thank you for being so honest and humble. It’s refreshing to hear you say this b/c all of us moms need a time out!

156. Julia Reffner says

Courtney,

Thank you for your vulnerability. That in itself is a witness many of us need to see to live it out in our own lives. I will definitely be praying for you. Your online ministry has been a blessing to me.

157. Kim says

That particular verse is posted on my refrig door for the very reason you mentioned! I think all of us moms out there need that verse from time to time! Hang in there!
    Recently, I have been doing a study on prayer and was reading how important it is to pray for one another and how much power there is in it! I just know that there will be a ton of us praying for you! There is no doubt that you will feel God’s presence in your life and that you will receive the things you need to get through the next few weeks.
    God bless!
    BTW- I have already said a prayer for you already! :)

oh, sweet sister — i do believe that in a way, this is the first day of the rest of your life. because as you already know, it is only when we come to the utter end of ourselves that we truly discover just how mighty our God really is. i have walked this road in a very tangible way recently b/c i’m recovering from a health crisis that had me incapacitated for months on end. and you know, i think i’m finally starting to embrace my weaknesses as a gift.
    because they are intimate invitations to cling to the Cross.

so may we not be afraid of our weaknesses, but rather embrace them, even boast about them — so that Christ’s power may rest on us.
    keep your eyes open, courtney — b/c He has you in a front row seat right now for a marvelous display of His glory!

Courtney,

You are in my prayers. As a woman in ministry who tries to juggle many of the things you mention , your post resonated. I began a time out a few weeks ago and it has been incredibly good. Praying for you as deadlines loom. God is blessed by your dependence on Him and we are blessed by your transparency.

160. Kesha says

Courtney! As I read your message my heart went out to you because I know all to well what it feels like to be overwhelmed. We must remember God is our strength when we are weak he makes us strong. He would never give us more them we can bear. So rest in the love of Jesus and in his peace. I will pray for you and your family. I pray that your strength be renewed.

Favor of the Lord forever!

161. yvonne says

Love you Courtney, think of you and PRAY for you.There is a long distance between us (Europe-USA) but God will bring my prayer to you

I’m praying for you to be refreshed, strengthened, and blessed. And THANK YOU for all the encouragement and blessings that I’ve found here at your blog.
    In HIM who loved us first, Gin

163. Veda says

Oh, Courtney my heart goes out to you and am so proud of you for admitting you need prayer! Sometimes those of us on this side of the commputer take you and our other favorite bloggers for granted, expecting you to meet our needs for encouragement and for that I am so sorry! We think you girls have it altogether even if you say you aren’t……guess I for one have put you on a higher level of spirituality than myself. That is sin on my part for which I have to ask for God’s forgiveness and for yours for taking you for granted!
    Last night I was talking with my husband and finally admitting to him that I am weak…..in many areas of my life…..hard for me to do as I don’t like to admit I need help, either. It’s a long story and I won’t bore you with all the details but will just say, I’m sorry for taking you and my other favorite bloggers and all the women who diligently seek to encourage, teach, uphold those of us us who look to you for all of those things!
    I will pray for you and hope you are refreshed when you return to us and we will give all the Glory to the Lord!!!

164. Debbie says

thank you for sharing your heart. it is so easy sometimes to think that “other” moms have it all together and to feel like a complete loser because I know I don’t. I whisper (and sometimes shout) “I Quit” more often than I will admit – and it was encouraging (I know – it’s twisted) to know that I am not alone and that it’s okay to take a necessary break to refocus on what matters. Blessings to you and praying you are able to find rest in Him

165. Courtenay says

As Moms, we are often short on time and likely short on patience, but the one thing we have in abundance are prayers! For all of the inspiration, encouragement and smiles that you deliver, believe that there are many, many prayers going out for you!

Isn’t it AWESOME that sometimes God puts us through trials so that we can be reminded of God’s Grace so that we can then turn around and remind someone else of God’s GRACE…LOVE IT. Girl I will try to remember you in my prayers as well.
    So I just got home from church and was really struggling with some hard things. We are in the ministry and it seems that alot of times, the ones you reach out to help, bit that hand. I seriously just wanted to scream and I just felt maxed out as well. There is so much to do and those you help seem to hurt you and you leave the other ones in the dust that actually want your help. Anyway, was seriously struggling when your title caught my eye. The verse was SUCH a blessing to me. Thank you for being a servant of God and sharing with us your struggles which in turn helped me with my struggles. God bless you these next couple weeks.
    And remember you can’t pour out unless your filled up so get in His Word and get refilled. Thanks again for the encouragement you are to us. XOXO

167. Heather says

You have been a blessing to me as well, I love devouring and forwarding your posts. I have been so inspired to be a P31 woman and a godly wife, so thank you for your obedience to the Lord and sharing wisdom with women like me. I have been in desperate need of a mommy-time out, for what seems like months on end, at times. It is indeed humbling to admit our weaknesses and that we are not supermoms (especially to those wagging the “I told you so” finger) so … I prayed for you yesterday and will continue to pray for you as you come to mind! I look forward to reading your book!

168. Janet says

Girl, I quit about everyday by lunchtime! hahaha. My friend / accountability partner and I have made the phrase “I’m DONE!” a taboo. She challenged me to go without saying it for a week….we both failed. However now when we say or think it we giggle and think of each other. A time out is very wise…YOU CAN DO THIS, COURTNEY!!!! God IS your strength and you have many sisters out here holding your arms up.

Hi Courtney,

You have no idea how much your transparency means to me. Your blog is such a blessing and I know it takes so much time and sacrifice. I’m reminded of Galatians 6:9, although sometimes we all get weary, God sustains us and helps us press through. I know God will continue to strengthen you and give you wisdom as you encourage and edify your sisters in Christ and those who may not know Him. You are a wonderful example of a committed Christ follower who lives her life in a way that exemplifies TRUE Christianity.

I commit to lift you up in prayer every time I visit your blog. Thank you for your honesty and for being someone we can relate to.
    Blessings,

Marie

Looks like you’ve got quite some prayer team Courtney! I’ve been praying for you already this week… even ahead of this post. Praying that the Lord will give you His wisdom and strength to endure this busy period which you currently find yourself in.

171. Cheryl says

Sit back, take a deep breath & say “I am human”. Your schedule is jam packed! You seem to have a very kind heart, and you want to do it all. Our bodies are very good about telling us when we might need to slow down a bit. I have known two women in my lifetime that tragically had anyresum’s (I know it’s not spelled correctly-sorry) because they were stressed and they kept pushing themselves. When our brains tell us we need to cut back, guess what ladies? we need to cut back! My daughters 13 yr old friend doesn’t have her mother anymore. So when I feel overwhelmed, I listen!

172. Dyan says

Courtney….your prayer warriors are behind you!!! We will be lifting you up in prayer each day!! You got this…..because God already conquered it for you first!!!

173. Karin Chambers says

WOW!! I’m not one to leave responses often and I’m impressed with all the women who have responded to this one request that you asked for prayer. Look how awesome this ministry is and how it is helping to further the Kingdom! I prayed for you and thank you for your inspiration to “Walk with the King!!” :)