Fluffy, Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

choc chip cookie Collage

So all my life, I’ve made flat but tastey chocolate chip cookies…and I always wondered how women got their cookies to be fluffy and soft and chewy…and now I know!  I made Janelle’s recipe this week and they came out gorgeous!  She used an ingredient in her cookies I’ve never tried before – check it out!

Janelle from Comfy in the Kitchen writes:

On my list of favorite things to eat, ever…. stands the good ole fashioned chocolate chip cookie. Who can resist these hot, buttery, gooey, chocolatey little dollops of goodness?! The only thing is…many of us don’t know how to make them just so! In fact, it took me years to figure out exactly what to do to make them crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, dense, buttery and fluffy!

Some of my failed attempts had my cookies flat..burnt..too gooey…not buttery enough..and the list goes on. Learn from my mistakes and begin your cookie making journey with a winning recipe you will make over and over again!!!!

Mix together 1 cup butter (2 refrigerated sticks put in the microwave for 20 seconds) , 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 box of vanilla instant pudding dry mix
Mix these ingredients well with a hand held mixer
Add 2 eggs (I was doubling this recipe that is why you see more than 2 eggs)
In a separate bowl combine 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt. By combining these dry ingredients, it will help distribute them evenly in the cookie dough. Add them to the wet ingredients. Then add 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips. You may also add nuts if you desire!
After the dough is made, place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour…this is an important step! Then, scoop in heaping Tbsps onto un-greased cookie sheet and bake in a 375 oven for 10-12 mins or until golden.
After the cookies are taken out of the oven, keep them on the cookie sheet for about 2 mins..they will continue to cook and will keep their shape better this way.
This guy is ready to be “spatulaed” onto a wire cooling rack.
Let cool on wire rack…grab some milk and a smile and enjoy your perfect chocolate chip cookie! Congratulations, you have made some happy campers!

The Perfect (Fluffy, Soft and Chewy) Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
(24 cookies)

2 1/2 c all-purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375

Combine flour, baking soda and salt..set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Place heaping Tbsps of batter onto un-greased cookie sheet and bake until golden appx 10-12 mins. Take out of oven and let sit 2 mins on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy, My Friends! ~ Janelle

Thank you Janelle for teaching me how to make these!!  You are a gem and my kids love them!

This is a featured recipe from …..

Janelle

Janelle is a Christian, a Wife, a Stay at Home Mom of 3 young children and a proud- to- claim- it “Foodie”. She absolutely loves to cook and typically has an audience of 3 children, pulled up on chairs, taking turns pouring ingredients into bowls. Her spiritual gifts are a mix of “hospitality and evangelism” and is here in the center of God’s will hoping to help you get a little more “comfy in your kitchen”! You can find her displaying step-by-step photos of her recipes, giving devotionals,and sharing meal ministry stories on her blog.

You can follow Janelle’s blog at ComfyInTheKitchen.com
Follower her on facebook at Comfy In The Kitchen
Follow her on Twitter at ComfynKitchen

Comments

1. YUM! Pinning this! I’m always looking for a “better” cookie recipe. What better excuse to bake cookies than a new recipe. :-) Thanks for sharing. I love having my kids help with cookies.

2. Mary H. says:

This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and I get rave reviews every time I make them.

3. This is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe! It is no fail and SO delicious!! My family always requests it and between my daughter and the other 7 nieces/nephews in our family; they are hard to keep around. :)

For a yummy change, use french vanilla pudding mix instead of just regular vanilla. It is so good!!

4. Cassie D says:

I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that has app,e sauce and milk added as ingredients and they end up being the most fluffy things. I love fluffy cookies. Thanks for sharing

5. Courtney, I use pudding in everything. All my cookies, cakes, sweet breads get a box of vanilla, french vanilla, or banana for banana breads and so on. Makes them so soft and super moist. A trick my mommy taught me.

6. Oh my goodness! I can’t believe it….I have been making this recipe for 20 years. People love my choco chip cookies. The men that my husband works with always ask me to bake them. lol.
    I guess my secret is out.

7. Is the box of pudding mix the small or large size?

8. Looks yum! Love the pudding trick. Add a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee to these, and it may just take them up that one more notch. ;)

9. I made these after finding them on Janelle’s site. My parents-in-love LOVED these cookies! In fact I’m making them a batch for mothers day! :)

10. This recipe has been in my family for ages…. Wondering how Janelle came across it….

11. Since it is snowing, my kids and I are going to try this recipe. thanks for sharing

12. We use the same recipe. We live at 7500 ft and this is the only recipe that works. It has to be the pudding. I also put pudding in my cakes too.

13. I got this recipe years ago from an amish cookbook. I haven’t made this type lately. I should! Another tip from the amish is to make a double batch, but use chocolate pudding in one and vanilla pudding in the other. Then take some of each to make a half and half chocolate chip cookie. I always wanted to try it, but haven’t.

14. Yum yum Courtney! I had to write although I am a little little late on the Wednesday link up to tell you that YOU are the first woman I ever (and only one so far) followed! I only followed one other till now, & he is a young godly man & pastor. Christ shines from your blog, and I just love it. Plus, I learn something from you nearly every time I “hop” over to your blog. Your page shines Christ so much, I need my sunglasses as my son would say! God’s embassy in your home is so apparent:-) Can’t wait to promote and GET your book!

• Hey Juana! I recognize you! You used to go to Providence Baptist – where I still go! Small world! My husband and I used to be in Leon’s class.

15. My son and I just made these! Excited to try them!

16. stacie houston says:

I’ve also made pumpkin bread with vanilla pudding mix in it- it’s super moist and delicious!

17. This is not the day for me to look at a recipe for cookies. However the tutorial is so good. I will probably be trying this recipe.
    Blessings!

18. The kiddos were home for a snow day so my 2 daughters helped me in the kitchen bake these today. My 8 year old daughter loved following the pictures and the recipe all by herself. I only supervised. They are the FIRST soft cookies we have EVER baked! Mine always seem to go flat. They are absolutely delicious. I love your posts. I just started following you this month and have already learned so much from you. Thank you for serving others in Christ. You are a blessing!

19. My mouth waters!!! Chocolate chip is my favorite classic and always good!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

20. Julia G says:

I am one of the few people in America that does not like chocolate chip cookies…never have. But my husband loves them, so I am anxious to try this recipe. I have tried many, many recipes for chocolate chip coolies up to this point, and have never found a recipe that turns out the way I think it should. I hope this one does!

21. I would love a fluffy oatmeal cookie recipe. Please, please

22. I have the dough chilling in my fridge right now! Can’t wait to try them.

23. Rosemarie says:

As one who serves on our church’s Hospitality Ministry I am always looking for new inspiration to bless our members and guests with. Thank you from the bottom of my heart in posting these Courtney and Janelle for sharing this fantastic recipe. I tweaked the brown sugar back about a 1/4 cup less and put in Kelly Green paste food coloring for St. Patrick’s Day. I must say these beauties were gobbled up in minutes. Everyone LOVED them and wanted the recipe. God Bless all that God is doing in each of your lives and the willingness and open hearts to share all this with us women.

24. Stephanie W says:

So I was waiting til spring break to try out this recipe. I must say they are quite chewy and yummy!! Thanks for sharing!!

25. I loved, loved, loved these cookies & so did my whole family!!! The first batch I made was gone within a day. Everyone was asking what the trick was to making them so fluffy. I finally gave in & shared the recipe. lol My Son then made a double batch. They lasted a little longer, and even after a week of him making them, they were still soft & chewy! Best recipe ever!!! Thank you for sharing so I can now impress everyone with my cookies. :-)

26. Try with chocolate pudding! They’re delicious!

27. I just made these and everyone loved them, but they were really flat. My cookies always turn out flat. What am I doing wrong?

28. im making these right now and i dont know what i did wrong considering every single comment no one has failed! theyre in the oven right now and they look like the balls still from when i placed it on the cookie sheet prior to putting them into the oven! after 12 minus, i added 5 more and another 5 more and they still look like balls :( wahhhh!

29. minutes*

30. Absolutely, unequivocally the BEST cc cookies I have ever made! Thank you Janelle and Courtney! My daughter is going to love these!!!

31. Michelle says:

On your Chocolate Chip recipe what size (oz’s) of vanilla pudding pkg?

I love hearing what is on your heart.