Star-Spangled Triple Berry Trifle
2 pkg. angel food cake (comes in rectangles)
2 pkg. frozen mixed berries (thawed) – do not drain the juice from the bag
6-8 vanilla pudding cups
1 12oz container of cool whip
Fresh strawberries to decorate the top
1. Cut up the angel food cake into little squares
2. Layer the trifle like this…angel food cake squares, then berries with juice, then pudding, then cool whip. Do this layering twice.
3. Spread some cool whip over the top and decorate with fresh berries!
Quick and Easy – just the way I like it! Here’s another simple one…
Star-Spangled Cookie Pizza (Fun for the kids!)
1 package (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 container (8 oz.) lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 pint basket (12 oz.) strawberries, stemmed and halved
1 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour bottom and side of 14-inch pizza pan. With floured hands, press cookie dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake in center of oven 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown.
Run metal spatula or thin knife along edge of crust to loosen from pan; cool in pan on wire rack.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream to form soft peaks.
- Fold in yogurt to blend. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, spread cream mixture evenly onto cooled crust. Arrange strawberries and blueberries decoratively over top; cut into wedges and serve immediately.