Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cream of Broccoli Soup:
2 10oz packages frozen chopped broccoli
3/4 cups finely chopped onion
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1lb. Velveeta Cheese cubed
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream (1/2 pint)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1. Add the broccoli and onion to 4 cups of boiling water. Cook 10-12 minutes.
2. Add the next 4 ingredients mixing well.
3. Cook until the cheese melts stirring constantly.
4. Add the milk, cream, butter and stir.
5. Put the flour in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup of soup in the bowl. Stir it until it is smooth and then add this back to the soup. (This thickens the soup – sometimes it can be lumpy – but stir it in as best as you can.)
6. Bring it to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Then serve it with a crusty bread – the night I made it here, I served it with Pillsbury French Bread.
Walk with the King!
thanks for sharing….i'm going to double this and take it to my good friends…they've been down with the flu….
I am going to try this. Thanks!
This looks really good, Courtney. The cheese and whipping cream must make it really rich. I made a simple version of CBS last week, and my 12 year old son loved it. This looks like a great version; no wonder your hubby was impressed! I'll try this one next time I get the CBS craving.
What an EASY!!! way to make a GREAT!!! recipe. I'm going to have to try this soon. THANKS!!! Geri
Just yesterday I was thinking, "I need a Cream of Broccoli soup recipe" 🙂 God's cool that way…Thanks!
This looks really good, Courtney! I am going to make it in a couple of weeks! I'll be sure to link back your blog!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing this. I wish I was more creative in the kitchen! I have an award for you at my blog, If Mama Ain't… Here's a direct link: http://ifmamaaint.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-mama-aint-awarded.html
This soup is great, and every time I make it I think of you. Keep sharing those great recipes. I love getting new ideas. Thanks!
This looks yummy
This sounds yummy! I am going to put it on our menu next week!
I posted my version of this for this week's Crock Pot Wednesday. Your addition of cream sounds so nice…..xoxoxo. I wanted to thank you for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday and to let you know that Mister Linky is up for this week's event. There's a giveaway going on:)