Do you feel like dinner time is a stressful hour in your home? Freezer meals might just solve your problem! I used to go with friends and make a pile of freezer meals for the family and it helped me make it through some rough dinner times when the kids would hang on my legs!
There’s a website that gives a complete Once A Month Menu Sampler Here.
The writers of the website have come out with this great new cookbook titled “Once A Month Cooking
” by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerburg and I’m dying to give it away to a reader so you can make your freezer look like this! Just comment below and be sure that you have a link with your email address connected to your profile and you’ll be entered to win!
The authors were asked: What are your top three favorite recipes in the new Once-a-Month Cookbook Family Favorites—and why?
Mary Beth answered:
1. Country-Style Ribs (This slow cooker entrée provides great aroma-therapy!)
2. Corn Soup with Basil, Avocado, and Crab (This delicious soup proves that frozen entrees can be both elegant and delicious.)
3. Penne in Cream Sauce with Sausage (My son Drew keeps asking me when we’ll have this one.)
1. Lemon Chicken (It’s so fast and tasty! Great for unexpected guests; it can be on the table in ten minutes.)
2. Uptown Joes (Great for picnics or ballgames in wide-mouth thermos.)
3. Beef Pot Roast (I love this one for its smell. There’s nothing like coming into a house that smells good.)
So here are two of the recipes they recommend:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix all ingredients and place in a 1-gallon freezer bag, label, and freeze.
To serve, place in microwave-safe dish and cook in microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Baste the chicken with the juices, turn, and microwave for 3 more minutes. Serves 4.
Country Style Ribs
Salt and pepper to taste
4 1/2 pounds country-style pork loin ribs
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped green bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup red wine
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
2 cups beef broth
Salt and pepper meat and place in a 1 gallon freezer bag.
Combine all the other ingredients and pour into another 1-gallon bag. Label and freeze, with the two bags taped together.
To serve, thaw the ribs and place into a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours – the whole house will smell wonderful! Serves 8.
Please click on comments if you live in the U.S. and would like to enter to win the Once-A-Month Cooking cookbook – I will announce the winner Saturday AM. Be sure to check out their neat website too at http://www.once-a-monthcooking.com/
Walk with the King!