I just discovered this recipe and had to give it a try. It sure beats standing by a pot and stirring and stirring. BUT I must admit – the pictures below show a half burnt peanut brittle. I don’t have pictures of a good one because I was out of peanuts! But the part that was not burnt was GREAT! **So warning – if you have a new microwave shorten the cooking time!!**
Microwave Peanut Brittle Ingredients:
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon butter
1. Start by lining a cookie sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
2. In a glass bowl mix the peanuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook these ingredients for 4-6 minutes based on the power of your microwave.
4. Take it out and stir in the butter and vanilla.
(At this point I think my brittle was done)
5. Put it back in the microwave for 2 more minutes (or less!).
6. Quickly stir in the baking soda – it will bubble up and be foamy. Pour it immediately onto the cookie sheet.
Walk with the King!