1. I was going to have a boy! I had all sisters – so having a boy has opened an entire new world to me!!!
2. That the child throwing a tantrum in the middle of the grocery store would one day be MY child! I so thought I would never allow my child to do such a thing. And well – I didn’t allow them to – but they did it anyway!!! lol!
3. That you can’t make a kid sleep. You can make them stay in their bed but you can’t make them sleep!
4. You can’t make a kid eat. You can make them sit in their chair until the sun sets but you can’t make them eat. Thus we implemented the “no thank you bite” rule. Take one no thank you bite of everything on your plate and then you can leave the table with no snacks for the rest of the evening.
5. You can’t make a kid go “potty”. You can make them sit on it – but not release it! So frustrating!
6. That when I left my children for a fun weekend away I would miss them so much! And they seem to become even more beautiful while I’m gone!
7. That it would be SO fun to home school them – I NEVER planned to home school! I grew up in the public school all 12 years – shared my faith regularly and liked my experience. My plan was to raise my children to be lights in the public school. Someday that will happen – but first I’m gonna keepem’ close to me. I’m really enjoying this season of life with them.
8. That I would feel so guilty for mistakes I make in parenting. If I ponder my flaws too long, I end up being a puddle on the floor!
9. That it would take more patience than I had. Good parenting takes A LOT of patience and gentleness! Something I am still working on!