2. Sing or hum in the kitchen while you cook, in the bathrooms while you clean, or while you drive in the car.Force yourself to open your mouth and let your joy of the Lord be heard by your family. It will be contagious!
3. I like to listen to George Winston– my favorite CD is titled December. I have listened to it for 15 years. In college, it really helped me shut out the dorm noises and focus to study. Since then, this CD remains in the CD player ready to go at all times. Sometimes I put it on repeat mode and it will go for 10 hours straight! I love it! Here’s a sample:
5. I like Worship and Contemporary Christian Music– the sky is the limit on this – from hymns to Casting Crowns to the oldies like Michael Card. All of this music fills our family’s hearts and mind with God’s truth.
2. Purpose to not let someone else’s anger make you angry.Many times as a wife and mom I find myself responding to other’s emotions. Someone in the family is grumpy and two minutes later I’m grumpy too. Someone in the family is speaking harshly and two minutes later I’m speaking harshly too. Purpose to stay in control of your emotions and not let the other members of your family dictate your mood.
3. Yelling at a bud won’t make it bloom.Your home will not blossom into a haven if you are not controlling your temper.
4. Continue to pray for peace in your home.Persevere in prayer for your family. James 5:16b says, “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”
If you are participating in this challenge leave a comment below with how it’s going – if you are a blogger copy this button into your blog post, write about how it’s going and link up below! Thank you all so much for your accountability. I so appreciate you joining me on this journey!!! We are in it together!