Janelle from Comfy in the Kitchen has a REAL treat for us today!!!
She writes: These are incredibly easy, yet elegant treats to make for the holidays. If you are not a baker -these are perfect. If you are a baker- add them to your cookie tray for a chocolaty treat. You are going to love these melt-in-your mouth beauties! I made them this week for my husband’s clients (along with cookies)
Place in small paper cups. I purchased these ones from Jo-Ann fabrics, they were “Martha Stewart” brand in teal and a beautiful red color. I used teal here to match the colors of our business for gift giving to clients.
This is one of the boxes I used to package the truffles and cookies in for our clients- The box was purchased at Marcs for 99 cents, the ornament was also purchased at Marcs (50 cents) toile was purchased at Jo-Anns -whala! Fancy yet affordable! I like those qualities! lol.
Marcs did not have enough of those beautiful boxes, so I bought some additional paper boxes at Jo-ann’s – I purchased some paper doilies to make the window look more like a snowflake and added toile and a some flare (that is probably for a wreath?) but it looked elegant and again…was affordable.
- 3/4 cup heaving whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 Hershey’s milk chocolate candy bars (broken)
- 6 oz Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup processed almonds
- Tins and flare (optional)
- In a medium saucepan constantly stir cream and butter over medium high heat. Let simmer for 2 mins then take off of burner. Add vanilla, candy bars, and semisweet chocolate and stir until smooth. Place plastic wrap on top of chocolate’s surface and refrigerate 4 hours or over night. When chocolate has hardened roll by the teaspoon into small balls and roll into processed almonds. Place in small paper cups if desired.
These are SO beauitful Janelle!!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!
If you are in need of some fresh new recipes for the fall – then visiting Janelle’s blog at Comfy In the Kitchen is a must! She also has a Feasting In Fellowship Friday Link-Up Party happening right now – join the fun!!