Orange Cream Popsicles & Chocolate Covered Bananas
Janelle from Comfy in the Kitchen has 2 GREAT easy and fun recipes to help us cool off this summer!
These taste just like the orange cream popsicles you are used to, but contain WAY more nutrients!
Puree cantaloupe in a food processor
Add orange sherbet and custard-style vanilla yogurt
Pour into popsicle molds and freeze
I seriously did not even feel bad giving these to my children with their breakfast! It put my mind at ease that they were healthy!
A winning recipe! 🙂
Orange Cream Popsicles
2 cups cubed cantaloupe
1 cup orange sherbet
1 (6 oz) container of custard style vanilla yogurt
- Place cantaloupe in blender and puree
- Add sherbet and yogurt and blend well
- Pour into popsicle molds with sticks
- Freeze and enjoy!
Frozen Chocolate Bananas – mmmmmm…
The thin layer of chocolate satisfies a craving while the banana provides fiber and heart healthy potassium!
Melt chocolate in the microwave , then add oil and stir well
Dip/cover bananas with chocolate and lay on wax paper. Freeze.
Chocolate Covered Bananas
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
2 medium bananas
- Melt chocolate 30 seconds at a time in microwave, stirring in between.
- When chips are melted, add vegetable oil and stir well until creamy.
- Peel bananas and insert sticks into the bottom of banana ( I did not have sticks, it still worked)
- Dip bananas in chocolate or spoon over.
- Lay bananas on a baking sheet lined in wax paper.
- Freeze for several hours then enjoy!
Janelle – these are a perfect summer treat!! Thank you so much for making these look so doable!
Walk with the King,
*Janelle is a woman who is dependent upon Jesus, a mom, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and an advocate for meal ministry. You can find her displaying step-by-step photos of her recipes, giving devotionals, and sharing meal ministry stories on her blog. You can follow Janelle’s blog at ComfyInTheKitchen.com.
These look so good! My whole family lives on street and between us we have 11 kids so I love finding nutritious treats that they all will love!
Thanks so much Janelle and Courtney!! These look wonderful and I can’t wait to make some for my kids 🙂