I wish I could explain why I love pulled pork so much. It’s not the most “girlie” dish on the menu, but it sure is one of the most delicious. Adding that this recipe is made in the crockpot, pushes over the edge to my personal award of “the best ever”.
Delicious and “comfy” …gotta love it.
You can serve this alone with sides of your choice. Or you can make it into a sandwich with fixins!
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:10 hours
Total time:10 hours 5 mins
5 lb Pork Butt Roast with bone
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (or whatever is your favorite)
- Place your roast in a crock pot and cover with vinegar and water
- Sprinkle seasoned salt and garlic over top of roast
- Add ½ cup BBQ sauce to the top of roast
- Turn crock pot on low for 10 hours
- Flake meat off the bone (this will be easy- it will fall off), place in a large bowl and add ½ cup more of BBQ sauce and mix well
- Serve alone or as a sandwich
*Janelle is a woman who is dependent upon Jesus, a mom, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and an advocate for meal ministry. You can find her displaying step-by-step photos of her recipes, giving devotionals, and sharing meal ministry stories on her blog. You can follow Janelle’s blog at ComfyInTheKitchen.com.