Has a close friend or relative betrayed you?
God numbers the stars and knows them by name, he sees you! He cares about your broken heart and tends to your wounds.
You are not alone. Jesus was betrayed. Sadly, there is a powerful enemy that is having victory in your betrayer’s life. Your betrayer is in his own prison of misery. Release them from your hatred – and be free. Jesus went to the cross so you could live in freedom!
God’s Word brings freedom. He has the power to help you with your feelings of betrayal so that you can walk in obedience to Him.
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Betrayed-
1. God is always there. He will never betray you.
For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in. ~Psalm 27:10
2. Do not be tempted to repay evil for evil when you are hurting.
Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. ~1 Peter 3:9
3. Trust in God’s timing and know that He will defend you.
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” ~Romans 12:19
4. Surrender your hurt and choose to forgive.
Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. ~Mark 11:25
5. The Son of Man also experienced heartache and betrayal.
After saying these things, Jesus was troubled in his spirit, and testified, “Truly, truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me.” ~John 13:21
6. Jesus was betrayed by two close friends. Find comfort in knowing that He understands your hurt.
The Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” ~Luke 22:61
7. We will experience heartache in our lives- do not grow weary!
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. ~Hebrews 12:3
8. Cry out to God. He is there and is listening.
But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice. ~Psalm 55:16-17
9. As God provides comfort to you during your trials, look for opportunities to comfort and encourage others.
God comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. ~2 Corinthians 1:4
10. Do not be held down by the weight of your hurts. Press on and walk in God’s calling for your life!
Forget what lies behind and strain forward to what lies ahead; press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:13-14
Are you hurting today?
Has someone broken your heart or wounded you?
The Lord cares and he loves you so much. Do not turn to the world’s ways as a band-aid to your pain. Turn to the Lord. Fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. What we see is temporary but what is unseen is eternal.
You are not alone.
The Lord is near.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.