Are you feeling confused about something in your life?
Sometimes you may not find the exact answer to your issue that is causing confusion, but what you can find are principles to guide you in righteousness, flaws in your own life that are leading to some of your troubles, changes you might need to make, and most importantly, wisdom and the presence of God for the deep waters of life.
What are you confused about today?
Be careful not to be misled. Examine your confusion against the Word of God.
God’s Word brings freedom- He has the power to rid you of your confusion so that you can walk in His peace and freedom!
Let’s take a look together at what his word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Confused-
1. Create calm moments in your day because it’s in the unhurried moments that we can clearly see and hear the voice of God.
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. ~Psalm 143:8
2. God tells us that confusion is not from Him- seek His peace.
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. ~1 Corinthians 14:33
3. Don’t make quick decisions when you are feeling confused or fearful. His power lives in you- practice self-control.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~2 Timothy 1:7
4. Sometimes people can lead us astray. You must align your confusing thoughts with what the Bible says- He will not guide you to do something that goes against His Word.
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. ~1 John 4:1
5. Examine your heart and your motives. Is there any sin in your life that might be causing you to be confused?
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. ~James 3:16
6. Be aware of the devil’s evil plans- he wants to bring confusion into your life and distract you from God.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. ~1 Peter 5:8
7. Sometimes confusion is a sign of spiritual warfare. Resist the devil and his tactics.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ~James 4:7
8. Our God is bigger than our circumstances and confusion. We serve a big God- rest in His peace.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ~John 14:27
9. Ask God for wisdom- He provides direction and clarity, not confusion.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ~James 1:5
10. Walk in the spirit so you are not misled by confusion. Control your thought life. Spend quality time with God in His Word and in prayer.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. ~Philippians 4:8-9
Only the Word of God will straighten out what is crooked. God’s Word is our standard for truth! He defines what is good and evil.
Apart from God, our value system will be upside down. We will be confused as to what is good and and what is evil. But God’s Word is light. We must keep walking in the light.
Seek God and His Word when you are feeling confused.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.