Do you struggle with laziness or do you work with eager hands?
Work is not a result of the fall – but something that God created for man to do because we are created in his image.
Old habits of laziness can be transformed into new habits of diligence. With Christ all things are possible!
God’s Word brings freedom- He has the power to help you with your feelings of laziness so that you can walk in obedience to Him!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Lazy-
1. Work was ordained by God in the perfect Garden of Eden. Adam was not meant to be idle and we are not to be idle.
The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it. ~Genesis 2:15
2. No one tells ants what to do- they simply work. Follow their lead.
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. ~Proverbs 6:6
3. We are not working for money, status or men – work for the glory of God.
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. ~Colossians 3:23
4. God’s Word instructs us to provide for our family.
If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. ~1 Timothy 5:8
5. Work is a blessing- it is not a curse.
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied. ~Proverbs 13:4
6. God lives in you- glorify Him with your work.
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20
7. Rest is important- but you can’t do it all the time.
How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man. ~Proverbs 6:9-11
8. Make good use of your time. Pray and ask God for wisdom as to what work you should be doing.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. ~Ephesians 5:15-17
9. Do not be a burden to others. Imitate people in your life who make good choices.
For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you. It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate. For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. ~2 Thessalonians 3:7-10
10. Don’t follow the ways of this world- allow God to transform your mind. Do your work willingly and with a good attitude.
Present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. ~Romans 12:1-2
God never condemns rest.
He condemns laziness.
Give yourself grace and pray for wisdom as to when to work and when to rest and always remember that you are already enough in God’s eyes simply because of the blood of Jesus that covers our sins.
So here’s your challenge —> Work with eager hands this week!
Pray and ask God to give you an eager attitude all day long. Do your work as unto the Lord. Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.