Is there something you need to let go of today?
Are you struggling with how to let go?
There are so many reasons why we don’t let go of things that are hurting us. We need to be able to lay these things down in order to heal and move forward.
But how can we do that when letting go can be so hard?
God’s Word helps us when we are struggling to let go of whatever it is that is holding us down. He has the power to help you with your emotions so that you can walk in freedom!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Can’t Let Go-
1. Go to God in humble prayer. Give it all and I do mean all – your heart, soul, strength and mind to Jesus.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. ~Psalm 51:10
2. We aren’t going backwards. We are going forward. Don’t let the past hold you back.
Forget what lies behind and strain forward to what lies ahead; I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 3:13-14
3. Keep turning your thoughts to God- trust that He is using this trial for a greater purpose.
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. ~Colossians 3:2
4. Bring all of your feelings and emotions to God in prayer. He promises to fill you with His peace in the midst of your troubles.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
5. If you are holding a grudge or bitterness towards someone, you must let it go. God wants us to forgive others.
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. ~Ephesians 4:31-32
6. If there is a sin in your life that is keeping you from letting go – repent today. Jesus will forgive you of every sin you ever committed and ever will commit.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace. ~Ephesians 1:7
7. We are free and able to overcome the power of sin through the blood of the lamb…do not walk back into the prison cell and sit there. Do not stay in your chains.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. ~2 Corinthians 5:17
8. Prayer should be the normal response of God’s people. If we are trusting in God – we will pray.
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. ~Psalm 62:8
9. This thing that is eating at you, has no power over you. Let God do a new thing in you!
Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. ~Isaiah 43:18-19
10. God sees and knows our burdens in detail and He gives each of us the amount of strength and grace we need to bear the burden we carry. Wait for him to work in your life. He hears your prayers and he is faithful.
Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! ~Psalm 46:10
Today is the day of surrender! Even if you have to surrender again and again and again – do it.
Last summer, I found myself really worrying about something. So, I decided to put a ring, with the word “Believe” inscribed on it, on my right hand. Every time I talked about this problem or worried about it, I moved the ring to my other hand. At first, I was moving that ring back and forth all day long. But slowly, I began to move it less and less and eventually I stopped needing to even wear the ring.
We must be intentional.
We must practice self-control.
Self-control is using your inner brakes. You are equipped. You’ve got this!!
Release and LET GO!
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the Rest and Release Bible study. I pray that your time spent in God’s Word will lead you to resting and releasing all of your burdens, so you can live a life of peace and freedom in Christ –no matter what you are facing.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
Rest and Release- along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!