10 Verses For When You Feel Too Busy
Do you feel overwhelmed with the pace of your life?
Do you struggle to find rest in the midst of the busyness?
The world tells us to get our calendars full and stay on the move. If you don’t, you might miss out or be unsuccessful. Or maybe your kids might miss out, or they won’t be cool, or they won’t learn important life lessons, or they won’t be socialized, or they won’t, won’t, won’t.
“Get busy and keep busy” is how the unspoken mantra goes.
The world says this chaotic running around is what a successful person does. But the truth is… we all need slow moments.
Silence and solitude open the door to communion with God. If Jesus needed silence and solitude to commune with God, then certainly we do too!
Let’s take a look together at what His word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Too Busy-
1. In God’s strength, we can always have joy and a song in our heart, even in the busiest times.
They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31
2. Do not be consumed with the busy and noisy world we live in- you need to take the time to tend to your own soul.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. ~Romans 12:2
3. Choose one passage of Scripture to meditate on daily so that God’s peace will rule in your heart. Read the passage as soon as you get out of bed, so it’s the first thing on your mind that morning.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. ~Colossians 3:15
4. God rested- and so we must follow his example.
On the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. ~Genesis 2:2
5. Rest is a need – not a want. Rest is not optional or something we wait to do when we are retired. Rest is a blessing from the Lord, and it requires humility to admit we need it.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31
6. Connecting with God on a deeper level requires time. We need to slow down and get away from the distractions of this world and open God’s word and listen to God and go deeper.
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. ~Ephesians 5:15-17
7. Seek out a place of solitude to get alone with God and simply rest. Practice the presence of God- just like Jesus did.
But now even more the report about him went abroad, and great crowds gathered to hear him and to be healed of their infirmities. But he would withdraw to desolate places and pray. ~Luke 5:15-16
8. It is good for our souls to slow down and celebrate God’s faithfulness. Commit to him- he will move on your behalf.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. ~Psalm 37:5
9. Pursue God’s ways and not the way of the world- He promises to equip you!
Now may the God of peace equip you with everything good that you may do his will. ~Hebrews 13:20-21
10. God is already right there with you – you only need to acknowledge his presence.
The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17
When we are busy and on the go, we fail to celebrate all the good things in our lives.
God wants us to savor the moments and find joy in the present. The only way we can do that is by slowing down.
Once we slow down and assess our lives, we can see that there are many things to both celebrate and give thanks to God for.
It’s in the slow moments that God speaks to us through his word and we speak to him in prayer.
This is when we step away from all the busyness in order to fellowship with our heavenly Father. This is when we come to his word for the precious purpose of drinking from the living well — Jesus Christ.
Find rest in Him and keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend one of
My Mentorship Courses!
Silencing the Noise teaches you how to hear the whispers of God
over the loudness of life.
Learning to Pray will help you experience
the power practice of daily prayer.
To see all 5 mentorship courses available to you —–> CLICK HERE!