Where is the first place you turn when you need confidence?
Is there someone or something that you are trusting in more than God?
In times of trouble, it can be tempting to have confidence in our own strength or in other people. God is wiser and stronger than anyone or anything we choose to put our trust in.
Everything and everyone else will fall short. God will give us the confidence we need and help us fight our battles when we look to him.
God’s Word helps us to have confidence by reminding us that God gives us the strength and focus that we need to accomplish his will. We can be confident in his promises!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Need Confidence-
1. Determine to not get ahead of God and trust that God hears your prayers, keeps his promises, knows your heart and he loves you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
2. When we do not have confidence and peace, often times it is because we are focusing on all the troubles this world brings rather than the mercy and grace God has already given us.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~Hebrews 4:16
3. Put your confidence in God; not in your own flesh.
Do not be afraid of sudden terror or of the ruin of the wicked, when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught. ~Proverbs 3:25-26
4. Many times as soon as God is at work in our lives, the enemy gets to work in our lives as well. Inquire of the Lord now and ask him for wisdom as to what to do next and how to defeat the enemy.
Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. ~Psalm 27:3
5. Have confidence that God will give you all that you need to accomplish his will for your life!
I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. ~Philippians 1:6
6. God is like a lion, who has no fear, and he protects, delivers and rescues his people, when they put their trust in him.
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” ~Hebrews 13:6
7. No matter what challenge is ahead of you- God promises to give you the strength to walk through it.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13
8. There is purpose in your weaknesses- consider that God may have a blessing waiting for you that you cannot think of or imagine.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ~2 Corinthians 12:9
9. God does not give you fear- the power of his spirit lives in you!
God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~2 Timothy 1:7
10. Be confident in the work that God has laid before you. Your labor is not in vain!
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. ~1 Corinthians 15:58
Do you feel weak? God can use you!
What area in your life do you need more confidence?
Ask the Lord to give you his strength, determination, and confidence to be brave and strong today through the power of God.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend one of
My Mentorship Courses!
How to Break Free From the Prison of People Pleasing will teach you how to have confidence and break free from other people’s expectations as you grow in wisdom and knowledge of God’s Word.
The Strong Single Mom will help you thrive in your singleness as you grow confident mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically and financially.
To see all 5 mentorship courses available to you —–> CLICK HERE!