Has God called you to lead?
Has God given you leadership skills but you feel afraid to step up and really do it?
Or have you been leading and you are worn down, tired and feel like quitting?
Have faith! God will supply all that you need to be an effective leader. Sometimes I am afraid. It feels too hard. Sometimes I am stressed out and it feels like too much. But we must not run from things that are hard – especially when we know we are doing what is right.
Are you willing to make a difference for generations to come?
Step out in Faith today.
If you find yourself in a position of leadership, meditate on these encouraging verses and allow God to fill you with all wisdom as you seek Him!
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Struggle with Being a Leader-
1. Trust God to be your provider and protector.
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” ~Isaiah 41:13
2. Be thankful for your calling- God has given you specific gifts for a reason.
With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful hand. ~Psalm 78:72
3. Find a woman who is leading well and learn off of her.
Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. ~Hebrews 13:7
4. Pray and ask God to give you wisdom in your particular situation.
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ~James 1:5
5. Do not stress or worry about the future- God will give you the strength and wisdom to lead each day.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ~Matthew 6:34
6. Be careful not to become prideful in your role- be humble, not selfish.
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. ~Philippians 2:3
7. Leaders are wise and hold their tongue when needed.
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. ~Proverbs 29:11
8. When you are in a leadership role- remember to treat others the way you would want to be treated.
As you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. ~Luke 6:31
9. Courageously step out of your comfort zone to the opportunities God has laid before you.
Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. ~1 Peter 5:2-3
10. We are not working for money, status or men – we are working for the glory of God!
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9
Are you struggling to trust God and his plan for your life?
Is he calling you out of your comfort zone to be a leader?
It is a blessing to be used by God! He is our leader, our defender, our deliverer, our redeemer and friend. Remember, our body is the temple of the Lord. We wake up with the presence of God with us each morning. This should change the way we lead and live, our choices, our joy, and our hope. Don’t be afraid to go where he has called you.
Trust God and keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the Good Morning Girls leadership training! If you would like to lead a Bible Study group – this is available for free to you.
To find all the free GMG Resources
– along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!