Do you sometimes wonder if you should be doing something different?
Are you in a job that you’re not sure you should be in?
We live in a world of building, climbing, dreaming, reaching, pursuing, pushing, shoving, and clawing for the top. We are a busy, tired, pressured, stressed, frazzled people.
As children of God, our first goal is to glorify Him both inside and outside our home. Women of our generation have more choices than any of the past generations. Choices are a blessing. But choices bring confusion. We do not want to be so busy building our own kingdoms, that we miss seeking God’s kingdom first.
God’s Word brings wisdom and clarity. He wants to guide and direct us in everything we do. He has a great plan for you!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses To Help with Career Decisions-
1. Sometimes doors will open for us – this does not mean we need to walk through them- ask God for wisdom!
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. ~James 1:5
2. God created you with a purpose- your time, talents, and gifts are needed.
We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. ~Ephesians 2:10
3. If you are unsure about your talents, ask a few trusted loved ones in your life which strengths they see in you.
Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed. ~Proverbs 15:22
4. You can make all kinds of plans- but remember to surrender them to God. He will establish your steps in the right direction.
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9
5. It is hard to know when God is opening the doors or when we are forcing doors open. Through humility and walking with God daily in His word and prayer, He is faithful to reveal His way to us.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. ~Psalm 32:8
6. Don’t become impatient and try to make something happen on your own. Remember, your timing is not God’s timing.
Do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. ~2 Peter 3:8
7. Do not make money your most important goal!
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” ~Hebrews 13:5
8. God will clearly make a path for you- listen to His voice.
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. ~Isaiah 30:21
9. God removes confusion and gives peace as He directs and guides us.
May the God of peace equip you with everything good that you may do his will. ~Hebrews 13:20-21
10. No matter what kind of job you have, always remember that you are serving God and not man.
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. ~Colossians 3:23-24
God has given us each different gifts and talents and we must not love the good gifts God gives us –MORE– than the actual giver of the gifts. Being successful is not wrong but the difference between someone who lives for themselves or someone who lives for God is – who gets the glory.
As you look at career options, pursue God above all. Seek to give Him the glory. Trust that God will guide and direct your steps along the way. He wants to use you mightily!
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of James. James is considered one of the most practical books of the New Testament. It focuses on wise Christian living transformed by faith.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of James – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!