Are you looking for some inexpensive Christmas gift ideas? Here’s a few fun ones!!
3. Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Teachers, Pastors, and Sunday School workers.
- “Thanks for giving Sally a hand” tag with hand lotion.
- “Thanks a ‘latte’!” tag with a gift card from local coffee shop.
- A mug or bowl saying “You are ’souper’! – soup mix, custom decorated soup bowls or homemade soup.
- “You are out of this world” tag attached to a Milky Way candy bar.
- “You deserve an extra payday!” tag attached to a Payday candy bar.
- “There is no ’sub’stitute for you!” tag attached to a gift card for the local sub shop.
- “You are ‘extra’ special” tag with a pack of Extra Gum.
- “Thanks for helping Jimmy ‘bloom’” tag with a bouquet of flowers.
4. Make Cookie Jars. My friend Regina gave me these recipes and these are her cookie jars!
Country Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar Ingredients
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:Using a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, layer in the ingredients in the order given. Pack down the jar after each addition to make the ingredients fit. Put the lid on, and cover with an 8 inch circle of fabric. Secure the fabric over the lid using a rubber band, then cover the rubber band by tying a nice piece of ribbon or raffia around the lid.
Attach a tag to the ribbon with the following instructions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, cream together 3/4 cup of softened butter, with 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Add the entire contents of the jar, and mix by hand until combined. Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
Special Butterscotch Chip Cookies in a Jar
1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup high protein crisp rice and wheat cereal
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
DIRECTIONS:Layer the ingredients in the order given in a one quart wide mouth canning jar. Firmly pack each ingredient in place. It will be a tight fit, but all ingredients will fit in the jar. Use pinking shears to cut an 8 or 9 inch circle from gingham, calico, or a seasonal fabric. Place the fabric over the wide mouth lid and rim and secure with a rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.
Attach a card to the ribbon or raffia with the following mixing and baking directions:
Empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Use hands to mix the wet and dry ingredients together. When completely blended, roll into large walnut sized balls. Place on unprepared cookie sheets and use the palm of your hand to flatten each cookie ball. Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 8-10 minute.
Acts 20:35 “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Walk with the King!