From the archives:
I love Easter! Easter has always been a BIG holiday for my family – we do it up like Christmas with a big dinner and huge overflowing baskets! This is the day our Savior rose from the dead – this is HUGE!!!!! One of my favorite activities to do with the children leading up to Easter are these Resurrection Eggs – which can be purchased at your local Christian bookstore, amazon.com and last year I saw them at Walmart!
Directions: Fill each egg with the item listed (or a picture of the item) and a print-out of the corresponding scripture(number the eggs). Place the eggs in the decorated egg carton. Open and experience the eggs together with your children.
1. (Bread – crouton) Matthew 26:26 While they were eating Jesus took a piece of bread, gave a prayer of thanks, broke it, and gave it to His disciples. “Take and eat it,” He said, “This is My body.”
2. (Coins) Matthew 26: 14-15 Then one of the twelve disciples, named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and asked, “What will you give me if I betray Jesus to you?” They counted out thirty silver coins and gave them to him.
4. (Thorns or toothpick) Matthew 27:29 Then they made a crown out of thorny branches and placed it on His head, and put a stick on His right hand; then they knelt before Him and made fun of Him. “Long live the King, of the Jews!” they said.
7. (Nails) John 20:25b Thomas said to them, “Unless I see the scars of the nails in His hands and put my finger on those scars and my hand in His side, I will not believe.”
9. (Sponge) Matthew 27:48 One of them ran up at once, took a sponge. He filled it with vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
This is linked to Impress Your Kids.