So I’ve been thinking… I love to write on studying God’s word, marriage, parenting and homemaking…but I wonder if there’s a way I can serve you better with these topics.
If you’ve read my “contact me” page – you know that I no longer answer all the emails that come into my inbox. And while I LOVE getting your emails and I read every single one – I carry real guilt with me for all those unanswered emails with questions in them. I don’t neglect the emails because I do not care – but simply because each email can take up to 30 minutes to answer and multiply that times the hundreds of emails I get and it’s simply not possible to keep up. If I did attempt to keep up – the integrity of my writing would fail .
But I DO care and I want you to know that I DO pray and I DO feel badly that many of you have emailed me and I have not responded I’m so sorry if I’ve hurt you in that way.
So, I’ve decided to try something new. I am going to invite you to send me “Dear Courtney” emails with questions – in hopes that answering them publically will slow the emails that come in with the same questions over and over - but I need you to help me by following my guidelines below.
Before I give my guidelines let me say first – I DO NOT KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS. I’m really just a girl who loves Jesus – that’s it. I’m not fully mature – I haven’t had all the life experiences you all have had and I’m still reading and learning God’s word. So I want to humbly admit – I am not going to have an answer for every question asked. BUT if by chance, you ask a question I do know the answer to – and I can serve you in anyway with the journey God has taken me on – I will attempt to answer your question in hopes it encourages you.
So without further ado – the guidelines:
1. Please put in the subject “Dear Courtney.”
I will be creating a file in my inbox for “Dear Courtney” questions. If you do not put that in the subject you may get looked over.
2. Please make your question 3 sentences long and no more. I will post your question in the blog post or video.
3. Please sign your question with your first name and the state you live in. – I WILL be publishing the first name and state. If you’d like to include the number of children you have, your age, or how long you have been married – I welcome that info to help the audience get a grasp on who is asking the question. (If you want to be anonymous please give us info that helps others relate – that is helpful – like mother of 3 or wife of 20 years etc.)
4. If you’d like to give me a 1-2 paragraph explanation of your question with some background I welcome it but will not post it to the post. Please do not write more than 2 paragraphs – I get some emails that are SO long that it’s overwhelming to read and follow the story line.
5. You may ask any Bible, ministry/blogging, marriage, parenting, or homemaking questions you have. My strengths lie in that order…I tend to have more answers for Bible and marriage questions than parenting or homemaking, so keep that in mind when you ask your question…as there’s a strong chance I’ll write to my strengths.
6. I plan to make this an ongoing series – so it will be weekly but I know I can’t get to everyone’s questions. I apologize in advance that your question may not get answered. I will be filing them and using them for weeks and months to come – so hang in there – I will try my hardest to answer as many as I can. I might ask my mom or some of my older friends to help me out if you send a question I have not experienced and can’t answer. I’ll do my best to serve you.
Here’s my email address – Courtney(at)womenlivingwell.org
This idea has been on my mind for some time and I’ve feared starting it because I don’t want to appear prideful – as if I think I actually know the answers…because I DONT! But I do know the one who knows all the answers and God spoke clearly to me this week with I Timothy 4:12 which says:
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
I am young and on this journey WITH you – I am not a Titus 2 Woman…yet. But I am so thankful for other women who have set an example for me in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity…I want to pass the wisdom I’ve learned thus far from others onto you!
So let’s get started! Send me an email! For every question I answer – I will invite you the reader to share your thoughts and answers to the questions too – I have a feeling some of you will have much wiser answers or a better perspective than me – so let’s learn and grow together! I love you guys!