I am not a very crafty mama but this is one craft we do yearly…after I explain the steps you’ll see why. 🙂
How to Make Homemade Crayons:
1. Have your children peel the paper off of worn out crayons. (This is great because it should keep your children busy for a long time while you get work done or read a good book – like your Bible!)
2. Get out metal cookie cutters (if you don’t have these on hand you will need to purchase them – but they are usually quite cheap at dollar stores this time of year!)
3. Break the crayons into pieces (this is a little messy but it’s so worth it…the children should enjoy this part!) and sort them in piles according to color (again another time consumer 🙂 !)
4. Then put foil around the cookie cutters (if you don’t use the foil the crayons won’t stay in the cookie cutters.)
5. Place the cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, or until melted.
6. Then place them in a freezer to cool (or in our case, out on the back porch!). The crayons should separate from the cookie cutter just enough that you can pop them out easily!
Now give the children time to color with their brand new homemade crayons and enjoy their new works of art!
Walk with the King!