Every year on New Year’s Day, I crack open a shiny new prayer journal. Actually – it’s nothing fancy – just a simple 5 subject notebook to journal all my confessions, praises and prayers in. On New Year’s Day my tradition is to sit and write out my goals on the first page of the journal.
I have seen other women around the blogosphere choosing a theme word for the year. So this year, I centered my 2010 goals around a theme word that ties them all together. My theme word is “connecting“.
1. Connecting with God – John 15:5 says “I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” Apart from God I can do nothing – I want to remain closely connected to the vine all year long remembering Psalm 84:10″Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.”
2. Connecting with my husband – I want to stay intimately connected to my husband by listening to his needs and wants, respecting him, submitting to him, and supporting him. I want to smile more, praise him more, and love him even more.
3. Connecting with my children – I want to stay connected to my children by playing with them, reading with them, listening to them when they talk, winning smiles from them, praying with them and training them.
4. Connecting my physical health to my spiritual health – The health of my body effects my spiritual walk with God. I want to take care of my body so I am able to have energy to serve, teach and do the work God has for me.
5. Connecting with my blog readers – Through the message board, I want to connect with my readers in the new year. I have done a lot of “talking” and this year. I want to “listen” more, love more, care more and pray more for you all.
Walk with the King!