2011 is half way over!!! Can you believe it!?!
I’ve decided to join the Women Living Well Wednesday Link-up Party by sharing my 5 favorite posts every week from all the blog hopping I do!
1. To kick us off – I chose Myra’s 4th of July Trifle – the photo is featured above – isn’t it gorgeous!?!
2. Here’s the recipe for the yearly Dirt Cake I make for the 4th of July picnic we’ll be having at our house on Sunday.
3. On Saturday nights my husband and I have been having a date night in our home after the kids are in bed. We attach our ipad to the television, snuggle in close and watch Mark Driscoll’s series on Marriage titled: Peasant Princess. So far we are loving it and I recommend it!
4. And this link – the one that made me cry…What It Means To Have a Sister by Ann Voskamp. I truly am blessed to have 2 sisters who laugh with me and cry with me, who have carried my babies on their hip so I could enjoy a moment of peace, who tell me when my hairs just not quite right lol! and who pray for me when things in my world just aren’t quite right. And while this post touched me because of the deep love I have for my own 2 sisters it brought pain as I think that my own daughter may never experience this bond…she’s missing out…and I just emptied my bins of baby girl clothes TODAY and drove them away…I wanted to cry as they emptied but held it back…this post opened the flood gates…so my hope feels weak, my heart heavy and tears came easy as I read Ann’s tender words. I wrestle – do I continue to dream that those extra two chairs at our dinner table will one day be filled…or let it go and be content…sorry to go melancholy here for a second…this hit a soft spot today.
5. Sally Clarkson is giving away 3 copies of her newly released book Educating the Whole Hearted Child! I can’t wait to get my copy – it’s in the mail! I’ll be sure to tell you all about it after I am done reading it. But until then – enter to win your own copy here!
Now it’s your turn! It’s Women Living Well’s Wednesday Link-Up Party!!!
Join the fun, do a little blog hopping and don’t forget if you join below -please add the Women Living Well Wednesdays button to your post so your readers can find us here! (posts can include the topics of marriage, parenting, homemaking, finances, recipes, organization and more!)