Do you ever wonder…
Where is the peace and joy the Bible promises?
How can I hear the voice of God through the loudness of life?
One way is to learn the spiritual discipline of Silence.
Throughout scripture, we see the people of God silent when they stand in humble reverence before the Lord Almighty.
In Habakuk 2:20 it says:
The Lord is in his holy temple;
let all the earth be silent before him.
Zephaniah 1:7 says:
Be silent before the Lord God!
For the day of the Lord is near;
the Lord has prepared a sacrifice
and consecrated his guests.
In Exodus 14:14, when the Israelites were running from Pharaoh, God was about to part the Red Sea and Moses commanded the people:
The Lord will fight for you, you have only to be silent.
And when David was in trouble, in Psalm 62:1 & 2 he writes:
For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
There is significance in the silence!
There is a silent reverence that leads us into the presence of God.
Are you practicing silence in your daily life?
We need more silence in our lives. And so my hope and prayer is that you would consider spending the month of June with me and 3 of my friends as we focus on just this one spiritual discipline…Silence.
Mark your calendar for June 7th when we begin!!!
Enrollment is open NOW and it closes June 7th at 5am.
What does the Course include?
- Four weekly teaching videos
- Four weekly live Q&A events
- Four encouraging mentors
- Four weekly devotions
- Workbook for personal study
- Prayer journaling sheets
- Lockscreens and social images
- Fellowship and guidance
Here’s what the weekly schedule looks like:
Each weekday you’ll receive an email with a new portion of the weekly lesson:
- Mentoring Monday: Enjoy a prerecorded video teaching.
- Talk to Us Tuesday: Drop your questions for the mentors!
- In the Word Wednesday: We’ll provide a devotion to help you apply the week’s lesson to your quiet time.
- Gather Together Thursday: We’ll host a live online Q&A event every Thursday evening in which the mentors answer your questions about that week’s topic.
- Faith-Building Friday: Download a guided prayer journaling sheet for prayer and reflection.
If you miss the Thursday Q&A Live Video – no worries – it will be recorded and still available for you!
Each Week’s Focus:
- June 7th: Week 1 – Silencing the noise of your people and your screens (with Karen Ehman)
- June 14th: Week 2 – Silencing the noise in your head and of your circumstances (with me!!! 🙂 )
- June 21st: Week 3 – Silencing the noise of your schedule (with Ruth Schwenk)
- June 28th: Week 4 – Untangling your heart (with guest Clare Smith)
To Learn More about this new Mentorship Course titled Silencing the Noise – go >HERE<.
We were made to live in communion with God. The enemy wants to keep us from hearing God’s voice but God wants to speak to us – if only we will – be still and be silent – and draw near to him and listen. He loves you so.
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
Keep walking with the King,