Do you struggle with fear?
What we focus on grows. When we focus on our fears – they grow bigger – but when we focus on Christ – we find courage to have hope in the midst of difficulties and trust in the midst of tragedy.
What are you afraid of today?
Do not give into fear. God is with you.
God’s Word brings freedom- He has the power to rid you of your fears so that you can walk in His peace and freedom!
Let’s take a look together at what his word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Fearful
1. God is holding you with His hand. He will strengthen you!
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~Isaiah 41:10
2. God is with you in every single step that you take- wherever you go.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. ~Joshua 1:9
3. God tells you not to worry- be obedient to His command.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ~Matthew 6:34
4. Pray continually to God. His peace will guard you.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
5. God’s peace is above anything that the world can give us.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ~John 14:27
6. No matter what you are walking through, allow His presence to comfort you.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. ~Psalm 23:4
7. Remember that all things are possible with God!
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” ~Matthew 19:26
8. Use your shield of faith- there is power in believing and trusting God!
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. ~Ephesians 6:16
9. When you fully trust in God, you will bear fruit and not be consumed by fear.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit. ~Jeremiah 17:7-8
10. Be self-controlled. Walk in the spirit so you do not give into your fear. Spend quality time with God in His Word and in prayer.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. ~Psalm 34:4
Give all your fears to the Lord and let him be your strength. Let him carry your load. Give Him all of your worries and fears and in exchange –find rest for your soul.
Isn’t that what we all long for – rest for our souls? God holds it out to us. Rest is available. Simply go to Him today and tomorrow and the next day and the next.
Put an end to your fears today and start resting in His love!
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
Here are 15 more verses about fear: