Do you ever feel like God doesn’t hear you when you are praying?
Do you feel discouraged because you have unanswered prayers?
When I get discouraged – I tend to want to quit, which then leads to me asking God – why? And when I get to the why point and there’s no answers — I start to feel alone and like God might not even care.
When my emotions get low, they start to dominate my feelings — which can ruin my thought processes. And that leads to dangerous paths, that I do not want to be on. I do not want to be controlled by or led by my emotions – I want to be led by God.
Have you been there too?
Do not lose heart. God is with you and is listening.
So what do we do when God seems silent?
Let’s take a look together at what his word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Like God Doesn’t Hear You–
1. Do you have unconfessed sins? Confess them now- He will forgive you!
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. ~2 Chronicles 7:14
2. Seek God- pray to Him continually!
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. ~Jeremiah 29:12
3. Believe that God can do all things.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~Mark 11:24
4. Examine your motives when praying to God.
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. ~James 4:3
5. Have faith that God will answer your prayers according to His will.
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. ~1 John 5:14
6. Trust God. He has not left you alone. He is with you and he hears your prayers.
I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my words. ~Psalm 17:6
7. We must not let our negative emotions dominate our lives. Rejoice and be patient- we must trust that God knows what is best for us!
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
8. God’s answers are – yes, no or wait. And when we don’t get what we want and He says no or wait – He gives us the peace to trust Him in the waiting.
The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. ~Psalm 145:18
9. He wants to give good things to you. Believe in Him!
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! ~Matthew 7:11
10. Do not be anxious! Spend quality time with God in His Word and in prayer.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. ~Philippians 4:6
God knows better than we do, what we need. We think it is answers, but have you ever taken a problem to your husband or a friend and they gave you answers and solutions when all you really wanted was a long hug and the presence of their listening ear. While their advice may be helpful, sometimes we just need to know they are there. It’s their presence that we need.
So, what do we do when God seems silent?
We go into His presence in prayer.
We go into His presence in His Word.
We walk in His ways and do not depart from His commands.
We treasure His Words over everyone else’s.
Do not let yourself become burnt and bitter by the fire of your trials. Rather – surrender yourself to God’s plan for your life, trust in His sovereignty and goodness and hold fast to His ways.
Even in the silence and unanswered prayers – God is with us.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.