What temptations do you struggle with?
Do you give in to your weaknesses far too often?
We all struggle with temptation. It’s what we do in those moments that will either draw us closer to God, or pull us away from Him. The enemy wants to pull you away. Satan wants to steal your joy, steal your peace, steal your love and steal your future. So why do we sometimes listen to his lies and fall into temptation?
Oh friends, do not fall for his lies!!! He hates you! But Jesus loves you.
Through Jesus’ death on the cross and the forgiveness of your sins – he offers you an abundant life of joy, peace, love and a future in heaven with him. Listen to God’s truth and do not give in to the lies of this world. Be strong!
God’s Word brings freedom- He has the power to help you in your moments of temptation so that you can walk in obedience to Him.
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Tempted-
1. Jesus himself was tempted for 40 days by the devil.
And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness for forty days, being tempted by the devil. ~Luke 4:1-2
2. Jesus sympathizes with you. Find comfort and strength in knowing that He understands your temptations.
We do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. ~Hebrews 4:15
3. God will always provide a way out when you are tempted- look for it!
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. ~1 Corinthians 10:13
4. Do not blame God. He is not the one tempting you.
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. ~James 1:13-14
5. Just as God is at work in the lives of his people… Satan is at work in the lives of people. Satan is pure evil. There is no good in him and he is seeking to deceive you and turn you against God.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. ~1 Peter 5:8-9
6. Seek God in prayer and by studying His Word so that you can walk by the Spirit and not your flesh.
Walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. ~Galatians 5:16-17
7. As we obey God and his Word, doing what is right becomes easier and easier and love, joy, peace and freedom – true freedom – appears.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. ~Romans 12:21
8. The freedom that comes from Christ is a freedom from the penalty and power of sin over us. When you confess your sins- you are forgiven!
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. ~1 John 1:9
9. God is not just beside you, but he goes before you and behind you – he surrounds you. He is always extending His mercy and grace to help you.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~Hebrews 4:16
10. The enemy lies to us and tells us that God’s way is boring, but we must reject those lies – those who follow God’s word will be blessed. Pray continually and be watchful!
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. ~Matthew 26:41
Each day, you have a choice…who will you choose to follow when you are tempted? God is not the author of sin. Satan is the author of sin and so through salvation we see that sin is not eternal. One day we will enjoy heaven without the pain and heartache of sin.
We will be free!
But until then, we are going to face temptations and spiritual warfare daily as we live in this world full of lies and opinions and goals and views that are contrary to God’s word.
Satan is God’s enemy and therefore our enemy. Do not give him a foothold or edge in your life. Choose God’s path no matter how hard it is. Remember you are a child of God and he is with you and he loves you.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Proverbs. It is going to instruct you in your marriage, friendships, your work ethic, speech, and finances. It deals with anger and lust and evil and righteousness and so much more!
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Proverbs – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!