Do you ever question your faith?
Are you discouraged by unanswered prayers or the evil that is so prevalent in our world?
Does it make you wonder where God is in the midst of it all?
While some of our trials are a direct result of consequences from our wrong choices, the book of Job teaches us that not all trials come because of something we have done wrong. As we look at the life of Job, we see his suffering did not come because of his sin. Job feels that if he could just find out the answer to “why,” all of his trials would be more tolerable.
Sometimes we can feel the same way. We beg God to let us in on the big picture of “why”. It seems that coping would be much easier, if we could just get some answers. It’s ok to ask God questions and cry out to Him. But when answers don’t come, we can fall into despair and question our faith.
God’s Word has the power to strengthen and help you as you struggle with your faith.
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Like You Are Losing Your Faith-
1. Even though we can’t physically see God – we can choose to believe He is with us always.
For we walk by faith, not by sight. ~2 Corinthians 5:7
2. God’s timing is perfect- even when we don’t understand it. There is purpose in the quiet moments of waiting.
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. ~2 Peter 3:8
3. Having faith in God will help you overcome whatever circumstances you are facing.
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. ~1 John 5:4
4. The enemy will do anything to make you question your faith. Use your full armor of God to fight him off!
In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. ~Ephesians 6:16
5. God brings truth, not confusion. People change- but God never changes.
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. ~1 Corinthians 14:33
6. This world and the enemy seek to lure us away from trusting in God, but our God is a promise keeper. Everything he says he will do; he will do.
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls. ~Hebrews 10:39
7. God will use our struggles and trials to increase our faith.
For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. ~James 1:3
8. Never lose your hope in God. Hope anchors your soul when your emotions are up and down.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. ~Romans 15:13
9. When you have moments of doubt, remember all that God has done for you. Dwell on His goodness.
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ~Galatians 2:20
10. Step out in courage and trust God even when you don’t feel like it. He is trustworthy and he will help you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
Our faith can get lazy when we are on easy street – but when things get hard it reminds us how much we need Jesus. That is when our self-sufficiency is gone and our eyes are opened to the pain and suffering that others are facing as well.
- God uses our trials to draw us to him.
- God uses our trials to soften our hearts.
- God uses our trials so we can comfort others with the comfort we have received from God.
- God uses our trials to put Satan to shame through our faithfulness.
May we not wake up one morning and find the reverse true of ourselves – that our megaphone of pain has caused us to run from God, develop a hard heart and be the one – put to shame – by our lack of faithfulness.
Are you in the midst of a trial, where you wonder why?
Perhaps this trial is BECAUSE of your faithfulness. Your trial may exist so that as you worship through tears, Satan is put to shame and God is glorified and honored by your unwavering faithfulness.
Don’t let go.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.