10 Verses For When You Feel Hopeless
Do you struggle at times with feeling hopeless?
Do you feel like you are drowning in hardships and it seems as if there is no end in sight?
God does not say that we won’t experience hardships and trials- but He does promise to walk with us.
He will not leave you- ever! God will provide strength and peace in the midst of your hopelessness if you will seek Him and trust Him. God loves you so much and wants to help you and comfort you always. He is your hope!!!
If you’re seeking hope during difficult times, meditate on these encouraging verses and allow God to fill you with all of his joy, peace, and hope as you trust in Him!
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Hopeless-
1. Remember that your help comes from God- lift your eyes up to Him!
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. ~Psalm 121:1-3
2. Fully trust and surrender to God during this time. He will guide your path.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
3. Even though we don’t know the future, we can still have hope. God is deepening our faith during this season of waiting.
Hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. ~Romans 8:24-25
4. As you wait for Him, God will provide you with all of the strength that you need.
They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31
5. Jesus is a steady, secure, strong foundation and anything we build with him will last forever. When our lives are built on his sure promises, we have no reason to feel hopeless.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. ~Romans 15:13
6. Remember that you can do all things because He lives in you!
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13
7. Even if your situation feels hopeless- know that nothing is impossible with God.
For nothing will be impossible with God. ~Luke 1:37
8. You will never be lacking. God will supply all of your needs.
My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19
9. No matter what you are going through, you cannot be separated from God’s love. His love is constant and never changes!
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? ~Romans 8:35
10. Wait patiently during this time of darkness. Know that God holds you and is making your steps secure as you seek joy and peace.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. ~Psalm 40:1-3
Are you lifting a heavy weight today that is making you feel hopeless?
Do you feel broken?
I know how you feel and I want to reassure you that we are never broken beyond God’s repair.
This is the type of work God does best!
He is a God who saves, heals, restores, rebuilds, transforms and redeems! He takes us from death to life, from darkness to light, from hopeless – to full of hope – and he makes us his child!
Seek God and His Word when you are feeling hopeless. Let God heal you. Let God make you stronger. Let God rebuild you. Keep holding onto hope and keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Job. The book of Job is going to ask us to evaluate the hard times in our lives and see them through eternal eyes. May we let the wisdom of the Lord invade our thoughts, even in the hardest places of our lives.
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Job – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!
Wow incredible how you help us to grow with The LORD.
Thanks you so much for so much wisdom !!
I’m a guy, so I hope it’s ok to comment. I’m in a stage of hopelessness and came across a search that revealed your site. Thank you for inspiration that I needed today. I’m trying so hard to stay patient and keep my faith. Thank you for what you are doing. God bless you.