10 Verses For When You Feel Impatient
Is there an area of your life where you have grown impatient with God?
It can be hard to wait on God’s timing when he seems silent.
Sometimes we can be tempted to say or do something we should not do just because we are desperate to resolve a matter. It’s easy to get ahead of God and try to resolve things on our own rather than waiting for God to help us.
Throughout my lifetime, I have seen the power of God work mightily in so many men and women’s lives, that I know the prayers I am praying are possible.
God can do it – I believe!
And so I wonder why he’s not?
Why do my prayers feel like they are hitting the ceiling and bouncing back?
Am I not praying in God’s will?
Is it me?
Is it timing?
Should I just stop the prayers?
God’s Word brings strength. He is able to give you peace and joy as you wait for His timing so that you don’t grow impatient.
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Impatient-
1. Stop your emotions and refocus your thoughts to the faithfulness of God. He wants to be gracious to you.
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. ~Isaiah 30:18
2. Remember that the way God answers your prayer may not be what you desire but God will show up and he will do what is best for you and for his glory.
I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. ~Philippians 1:6
3. His timing is perfect- trust Him!
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. ~2 Peter 3:9
4. Our thoughts, actions, words, hobbies and habits are all seeds. If we plant pumpkin seeds, we get pumpkins. We cannot get a tomato from a pumpkin seed and in the same way, we cannot reap God’s blessings when we are planting sinful habits.
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9
5. Meditate and ponder on all that God has done in the past.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! ~Psalm 37:7
6. Most good things in life do not come quickly or easily. We must be willing to patiently wait for God to open doors and answer prayers and in the meantime, live a life that is glorifying to God.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. ~Ecclesiastes 3:11
7. We must choose to “put on” the fruit of the Spirit- which includes patience.
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. ~Colossians 3:12
8. This trial that is testing your patience is transforming you to be more like God.
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. ~James 1:2-4
9. Our emotions are powerful. Do not repress your feelings, but be honest about them in prayer. God wants to lead you into peace.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
10. The Almighty God is with you and is renewing your strength. Lean into Him during this time!
They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. ~Isaiah 40:31
When you’re feeling impatient, think back and remember all that God has already done in your life! Your story is not done yet – he is still at work in a thousand different ways, even when you cannot see it.
Consider that he may have a blessing waiting for you that you cannot think of or imagine. Determine to not get ahead of God and trust that God hears your prayers, keeps his promises, knows your heart and he loves you. Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Joshua. If you struggle with courage and strength – the Book of Joshua is for you! You will stand in awe of the powerful God we serve!
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Joshua – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!
These verses are great and so fundamental to our faith. Thank you for having them all in one place.
You’re welcome Elaine!😊