Are you struggling with being disappointed and discouraged in certain areas of your life?
Are you a faithful follower of God, who prays regularly and knows the power of God, and yet you find yourself facing discouragement?
I want you to know that you are not alone. So many other believers around the world face the same discouragement and I want to tell you to keep on going! Do not listen to the lies of the enemy!
God’s Word helps us when we are struggling with feelings of discouragement. He has the power to help you with your emotions so that you can walk in freedom and feel encouraged!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses for When You Feel Discouraged-
1. Remember- no matter what you are going through, God is with you and will strengthen, help, and uphold you.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~Isaiah 41:10
2. Cry out to God! Seek Him in prayer and lay your troubles at His feet.
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. ~Psalm 34:17-18
3. You may be in the center of the will of God and suddenly you hit a dead-end road. Trust that God is in control. He may be moving you on to somewhere or something else.
My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19
4. Consider taking your eyes off of your own problems today and reaching out to someone in need who has it worse off. Be the answer to their prayers.
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9
5. When you’re facing discouragement, remember that God’s power is at work in you. He lives in you!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~2 Timothy 1:7
6. You won’t feel this way forever. God will restore and strengthen you through this time.
After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. ~1 Peter 5:10-11
7. The problem with discouragement is that it gives us a limited perspective. Choose to trust and believe in God- not what you see.
For we walk by faith, not by sight. ~2 Corinthians 5:7
8. When we take our eyes off of God and his power and we focus on our fears and troubles in life, we will face discouragement.
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. ~John 16:33
9. We can trust God and take him at his Word. God’s promises are sure! What God says he will do, he will do.
This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him. ~Psalm 18:30
10. May we never forget, greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world! Let this bring you hope.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. ~Romans 15:13
The enemy likes to use discouragement of God’s people to cause us to not trust in him. But we are encouraged when we remember the amazing work he has done in our own life and the lives of others.
God is the same yesterday, today and forever and he is at work in our lives even when we don’t see it. He is a promise keeping God.
Are you discouraged right now?
Think back to a time when you saw God at work in your own life or in the life of a friend. Take comfort in knowing that the same God, who was at work in the past, is at work in your life now. Do not let the enemy discourage you. God sees you and he loves you.
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Joshua. If you struggle with courage and strength – the Book of Joshua is for you! You will stand in awe of the powerful God we serve!
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Joshua – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!