Do you have a hard time extending help to others?
Do you feel uncertain with how to share with those in need?
Sometimes we get overwhelmed with the thought of helping someone out in a big way, that we lose sight of ALL the other ways we can bless and help others.
Sometimes God calls us to help with a grand gesture- but sometimes we overlook the smaller, more practical ways to be a blessing. There are so many opportunities to share with those in need. When we help others, we are pointing them to Jesus.
If you find yourself struggling to help others and share with those around you, meditate on these encouraging verses and allow God to fill you with his wisdom as you seek Him!
Here’s 10 Verses About Helping Others-
1. Do not just think of yourself- show interest in someone else’s life.
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. ~Philippians 2:3-4
2. We are not meant to do life alone. We are to help carry one another’s burdens.
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. ~Galatians 6:2
3. Even though we are not literally able to lay down our lives for others, we can choose to lay down our lives in smaller ways by looking for practical opportunities to help someone.
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:12-13
4. Jesus commanded us to help others in need.
The crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?” Jesus answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.” ~Luke 3:10-11
5. God is pleased when you do good and share with others.
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. ~Hebrews 13:16
6. Helping others does not just include tangible items. Showing compassion and support to others emotionally is just as important.
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. ~Romans 12:15
7. Even small gestures can make a great impact. Who can you extend love and kindness to this week?
Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you. ~Luke 6:38
8. Look for opportunities each day to encourage those around you.
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. ~1 Thessalonians 5:11
9. When you open your heart to the needs of other people, you are showing God’s love to them.
If anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? ~1 John 3:17
10. This world tells us to keep accumulating things to be successful, but Jesus tells us it is more rewarding to give instead.
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ~Acts 20:35
Everything we have ultimately belongs to God and is given to us to be shared with others.
Our purpose and calling is to glorify God right where you are. It’s not about how much money you have or don’t have- it’s about the attitude of your heart and mind.
There are so many ways to help others- financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually- you just have to open your eyes and your heart to the opportunities around you.
God wants you to share with those in need and reach out and extend a helping hand.
Pray for God to show you ways that you can help others and keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further, I would recommend the book of Ecclesiastes. God made us all with a built-in desire to find the meaning to life and to spend time on things that are meaningful. We all long to live well and Ecclesiastes provides the wisdom we need to do just that!
To find all the free Bible Study Resources for
the book of Ecclesiastes – along with a free video series —–> CLICK HERE!