My heart goes out to all the single mamas out there! If you are not one – can you pass this blog post along to someone who needs encouraged today?
I have been a single mom for 7 years, so I know how hard it can be to do this parenting thing alone but today I want to encourage you! You are not alone! God is with you and he will help you.
Do you feel stuck in a place you never wanted to be?
Do you feel alone and like no one understands?
I never, ever dreamt I would be a single mom.
Perhaps you relate. Most likely you did not choose this but here we are and one thing I have learned is that though my marital status has changed – my identity has not. I am still a child of God, a daughter of the King of Kings and one who is deeply loved by him and so are you!
God’s Word is full of encouragement and promises to strengthen us when we feel depleted. He is a God of hope!
Let’s take a look together at what His Word says.
Here’s 10 Verses For the Single Mom-
1. When you are feeling alone and need help. Call out to God. He is there for you.
Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. ~Psalm 143:7-8
2. Tell God all of your struggles and sorrows and fears. Ask the Lord to strengthen you and comfort you, so you can be strong for your children and for his glory.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
3. I know it’s tiring to be the only parent in the home. Raising children is messy and hard. Do not be discouraged! You are doing the right thing. Keep staying the course!
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9
4. Do not be afraid- God will equip you for all that you need. Have realistic expectations of yourself. You are one person. You cannot do the work of two people.
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. ~Isaiah 43:1-2
5. Determine to make God your refuge today. God’s word is true. You can trust in Him.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. ~Psalm 4:8
6. The secret to being a godly mom is wrapped up in one word: LOVE. Love God. Love your children. Love others.
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ~Matthew 22:37-39
7. Be careful who you allow to have influence in your life. Do not cope using unhealthy methods like drinking, overeating, or overthinking. Do healthy things- pray, go to church, be in the word, exercise, rest, and take the kids to new places.
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” ~1 Corinthians 15:33
8. Give all that you have to God and use it for his glory.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ~1 Corinthians 10:31
9. The maker of the heavens and earth is with you. Even when you sleep, he is awake and watching over you and your children. Rest in that truth today.
I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. ~Psalm 121:1-4
10. Don’t get caught up in your past or your future – get caught up in Jesus and his plan for your life.
The Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. ~Isaiah 58:11
In difficult times, I have asked God to intervene, and in that moment, it has not felt like God was intervening. But who knows what he has protected me from, perhaps things could have been ten times worse, and I will never know it. God has protected me and brought me through every trial I have ever faced.
God is faithful!
Are you facing the impossible? Or maybe you’re struggling with anxiety about something that feels impossible? That roadblock in front of you may not disappear with one prayer. But this I can assure you of…
God is not hiding from you.
God does hear your prayers.
And God loves you.
So keep on talking to God about it!
Keep walking with the King!
Do you want to print these verses? Click here to open the free printable.
If you’re looking to study this topic further,
I would recommend my My Mentorship Courses.
The Strong Single Mom Course is for YOU!!!
In this course, I will teach you practical action steps you can take to be strong emotionally, spiritually, physically and financially.
To see all 5 mentorship courses available to you —–> CLICK HERE!