The National Day of Prayer Website has created a list of 7 things to pray for today:
1. Our Government – pray for:
President: Barack Obama
Vice President: Joe Biden
Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton
Secretary of Defense: Robert Gates
Secretary of the Treasury: Timothy Geithner
Attorney General: Eric Holder
National Security Advisor: Gen. James Jones
Director of National Intelligence: Dennis Blair
2. Our Military
– pray for those in harms way right now and for those who have lost loved ones
3. The Media – the most powerful influence in our nation
4. Business – pray that God provides corporate leaders who will conduct themselves honorably
5. Education -pray for our teachers and for children who struggle because of their faith in public schools.
6. Church – the church is not just the one we attend but there is a universal church we are all a part of – pray for purity, courage, growth and strength.
7. Family – pray that the family would be preserved in our nation despite rampant divorce and abuse and that the parents would be devoted to their children.
2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Join me in prayer today and Walk with the King!